Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2007, 12:15 PM

13 posts, read 49,707 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find apartments available in Oldham or Jefferson County online? I'm interested specifically in Oldham County but all that pulls up on apartments.com is stuff in Louisville. Though I wish to work in Louisville, I want to live outside the city, in Oldham County preferably. Any websites known are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 12:17 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,089,782 times
I don't know of any other than that. STX?

Old 08-28-2007, 11:29 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,753,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex99 View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find apartments available in Oldham or Jefferson County online? I'm interested specifically in Oldham County but all that pulls up on apartments.com is stuff in Louisville. Though I wish to work in Louisville, I want to live outside the city, in Oldham County preferably. Any websites known are appreciated.
apartments.com is crap. It only lists large, corprate owned complexes. Also, there just aren't many apartments in Oldham honestly. It is mostly single family homes in secluded subdivisions with young families and retirees. Just to warn you, there is nothing for young people in Oldham County. The commute can get bad because I-71 is only two lanes in each direction, and there is starting to be massive sprawl out that way. There is really no good reason to live in Oldham County unless you want tons of land or you find a house for cheaper than the exact same house would cost in Jefferson. I would check craigslist for cooler apartment options. I can assure you that none of the best deals or coolest apartments will be on apartments.com as well as I can assure you that there is much better Italian restaurants than the stuff that Olive Garden tries to pass off as Italian (yet they stay packed every night because they have that corporate advertising giant).

Old 08-30-2007, 10:55 PM

4 posts, read 14,362 times
I would suggest trying Craigslist.com. It has listings for more independent rentals, more mom & pop than corporate apartments.

Good luck in your search.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:19 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,317,232 times
What are your preferences? Although not a perfect resource, as an Oldham County Real Estate broker, I can point you towards serveral rentals without obligation or fee. You might also try Oldham Era

Old 08-31-2007, 06:28 PM

3 posts, read 13,271 times
Smile Louisville area

I live in the south western PRP area of Louisville. IF you want apartments in Louisville area most of them are outrages in the city limits. The further out in Jefferson County you go such as Oldham County line, are going to be relatively expensive, you can pay a mortgage for the same as what rent is and have an investment.You can try the Bullit Countyside of Louisville which is an easy 20 minute drive north to downtown Louisville. Alot depends on where in Louisville you plan oon working. If you have a company already scoped out, then check with them, they can give you a wide range of apartments.Not sure if you want to move into the Westend of Louisville, it does not have alot of apartments.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:06 AM

246 posts, read 1,057,504 times
Default highliner

I can't advise about websites, but the only area with a lot of apartment options that I know of in Oldham County, would be around Crestwood. Maybe if you went to the online Yellow Pages for Lagrange, KY., then you could find all the ones that pay for listings, at least. Too bad that there isn't an Oldham County realtor on this thread, whom you could ask for help................uh, yes, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: