Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 09:14 AM

66 posts, read 197,465 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.

My husband just accepted a position in Jennings La. I am having a hard time finding any real information about this town on the net. Also, a place to live.
What is it like down there?? Where is a safe neighborhood to raise our three kids in? How are the school districts?

Thank you for any information it is all greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 04:24 PM

102 posts, read 332,640 times
I have a co-worker that lives there but he never talks about it... ever. I just assume its another small town and not much to talk about.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:12 AM

66 posts, read 197,465 times
I kind of figured that it has to be small. My husband will be heading down there the beginning of March. I hope he will be able to find something for us when he gets there.

Thank you for your help.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:17 PM

83 posts, read 523,215 times
The north and east sides of town are best. Stay away from the south side and the extreme west side. They used to be nice older neighborhoods but the trash has moved in there. I was raised on the southwest side. I wouldn't go down there now though. Our old family home is there.

You don't have a choice in schools. lol There is an elementary, a junior high and a very nice brand spanking new high school. They are all safe. You don't hear of any problems from there. I went to them myself, well except the high school, of course.

It is a very safe place to live. Just don't go over the tracks on the southside at night. Nothing to do. Decent shopping. It has everything you need. Super Walmart, dollar stores, clothing stores, grocery stores, fast food a few sit down restaurants, auto parts stores, etc.

There are all kinds of neighborhoods. Very nice homes. Low cost of living. Plenty of churches. Most homes have big yards. Great for gardening and alot of things grow here.

Theres a public pool, they offer swimming lessons. There are dance studios, karate, gymnastics, etc.

Like I said, you never really have to leave if you don't really want to. There are no movies or bowling or anything like that though. There used to be a movie theatre on Main Street but that was closed down when I was a little girl. They do have a community theatre there though.

It is the typical small town. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:31 PM

23 posts, read 111,867 times
it's a typical small town with 8 women murdered in less then 5 years....unsolved. All are from the south side of that town. They just put up a billboard asking for any information. Personally, I'm afraid to drive after dark around here.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:36 PM

194 posts, read 528,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylife View Post
it's a typical small town with 8 women murdered in less then 5 years....unsolved. All are from the south side of that town. They just put up a billboard asking for any information. Personally, I'm afraid to drive after dark around here.
I'm glad somebody finally mentioned this.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,407 times
Before relocating to Jennings, do yourself a favor. Google Jennings Serial Killer ! Another victim was found 11-30-09 I believe this makes at least 9 victims so far.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:34 PM

23 posts, read 111,867 times
Default Jeff Davis Parish-The Killing Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampjockey View Post
Before relocating to Jennings, do yourself a favor. Google Jennings Serial Killer ! Another victim was found 11-30-09 I believe this makes at least 9 victims so far.
Rumor has it, and it sounds about right once you start counting...there are at least 28 unsolved murders since the 90's. Not to mention the so called suicide that happen not long ago, of young woman who was from Humble, TX, that just happen to end up between 2 of the dump sites on a dirt road, a ways from I-10, near Roanoke, where they had found 2 victims of the jeff davis 8. Strange how she was connected to several of the murdered women and ended up dead....hmmmm............ OH! and lets not forget the young man who was shot to death last month, also in the same area, and his pickup, drivers side tire had hit him....and in the same time frame, the kid in Jennings that got shot, as yet unsolved....
Now, ya feel safe going to the store to get milk??? We sure don't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana