Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 04:31 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,285,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Beau View Post
The New Orleans Saints
LSU
Food
The City of New Orleans
Spaghetti from Rocky & Carlos
Crawfish Boils (Although I usually pass on eating any. I like the gettogether.)
PASS on a crawfish boil? Heresy! Traitor! It's the BEST thing about Louisiana! We only lived in NOLA for about 18 months many years ago but even being raised in Mississippi, I gotta say - that is some of the best eating there is. Used to be cheap, too, although not so much now. I have no doubt we would have starved to death had it not been for the mudbugs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 01:49 PM

5 posts, read 25,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
PASS on a crawfish boil? Heresy! Traitor! It's the BEST thing about Louisiana! We only lived in NOLA for about 18 months many years ago but even being raised in Mississippi, I gotta say - that is some of the best eating there is. Used to be cheap, too, although not so much now. I have no doubt we would have starved to death had it not been for the mudbugs...
lol, honestly I hate peeling the crawfish. I takes me like 10 minutes to peel one while my family is slurping them down every second. They put me to shame lol. I'm the only one in my family that doesn't eat it. My family loves crawfish. I like it, but to avoid embarassment I stay away.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:37 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,966,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana View Post
Just wanted to see what everyone personally LOVES about Louisiana ! .. i wanna know what you truly love about this great state!
Some of the prettiest Blondes in the world live in Louisiana with their so sweet southern accent.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:18 PM

429 posts, read 730,853 times
The beautiful trees. Especially the ones with tons of moss hanging down.
The history, the cemetaries, the interesting and unusual "street people", the Turtle Soup, The Po boys, The accent, and the churches.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:20 AM

369 posts, read 1,640,267 times
I love how we just don't care that we're different. I realize that this is probably why Louisiana is not more prosporous than it is. But, what can I say, home wouldn't seem like home anymore without rough roads and corrupt politicians, am I right or am I right.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:20 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,735,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana View Post
Just wanted to see what everyone personally LOVES about Louisiana ! .. i wanna know what you truly love about this great state!
The food, the people, the people (smile) its natural beauty, its political conservatism, and it great but yet to be fully realized potential.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:42 PM

794 posts, read 3,361,101 times
Lightbulb Change is inevitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by holloway1010 View Post
I love how we just don't care that we're different. I realize that this is probably why Louisiana is not more prosporous than it is. But, what can I say, home wouldn't seem like home anymore without rough roads and corrupt politicians, am I right or am I right.
Actually we could do without either. Problem is, a lot of old style people in this state don't realize (or care) that we can remain different while we clean up the negative parts of this state. The politicians and citizens who love this system the most are usually the ones getting handouts or deals under the table while another aspect of this state goes underfunded or loses out altogether.
Everytime someone wants to change something, for better or worse, people start screaming about tradition or "that's how it's always been". It's time for that thinking to die off. We can clean up schools, roads, politics, health care, etc and still have great sports traditions, crawfish boils, festivals & parades, great music, New Orleans history & style, old column antebellum homes, drive-thru daiquiris, etc.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylwi View Post
Actually we could do without either. Problem is, a lot of old style people in this state don't realize (or care) that we can remain different while we clean up the negative parts of this state. The politicians and citizens who love this system the most are usually the ones getting handouts or deals under the table while another aspect of this state goes underfunded or loses out altogether.
Everytime someone wants to change something, for better or worse, people start screaming about tradition or "that's how it's always been". It's time for that thinking to die off. We can clean up schools, roads, politics, health care, etc and still have great sports traditions, crawfish boils, festivals & parades, great music, New Orleans history & style, old column antebellum homes, drive-thru daiquiris, etc.
Based on the law of averages, at least one strong, non-corrupt leader will make it to the top of politics in the state, and things will start to change. Until then, volunteer, make a difference and be the change we want to see.

I hear what you're saying about people screaming about tradition and "that's how things have always been" I love the Louisiana traditions for the most part. What would Louisiana look like if we kept the positive traditions of cultural and community pride, and ridded ourselves of poverty, illiteracy, lack of care for the elderly and our youth, an racial inequality? Louisiana would become a small but mighty state.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:25 PM

768 posts, read 4,390,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Based on the law of averages, at least one strong, non-corrupt leader will make it to the top of politics in the state
Welcome back to Louisiana... he already has.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
Welcome back to Louisiana... he already has.
That is great to hear, because sooner or later, my dear homestate HAS to make its arrival into the 21st century....and sooner would certainly be better than later. I don't think I'd willingly give my heart to any other place in the world. I'm must be hard-core country, because "the West Coast" did not change me. I'm a very down to earth person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana