Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2010, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 10,769 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to LA this fall and need some helpful information, which I know is sooo unusual to see on this forum.

I'm thinking about living around the Franklin Village area. I have friends who have stayed there, and they loved it. And it has a lot of the stuff that I'm looking for- lots to do, nice restaurants, and tons of improv theatres.

The thing is that other than that I don't really know much about the area. Is it generally safe? Is it significantly more expensive than other areas? Are there a lot of apartments near there? What are they? And has anyone had any good or bad experiences with any of them?

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times before. I skimmed through the forum and wasn't able to really find what I was looking for, but if anyone does know where it's been discussed, I'd be really grateful for a link.

Thank you guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Franklin Village is a decent area, and there are many apartments throughout the neighborhood. Some are older, and might not have recent renovations. Generally, the streets above Franklin are nicer, but the streets are pretty nice, overall, save for those immediately near Hollywood, which are not bad, per se, but there is a different character to that side of the neighborhood. I'd look around Franklin, especially if you want to walk to neighborhood spots.

Parking can be challenging, but you'd only need to drive to/from, since you have so much in close proximity in FV. An apartment with parking would be a definite plus.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-22-2010, 12:50 PM

Thank you so much for the info!

Do you know of any good resource to find out more about the apartments in that area?

I've tried a few rental site (like rent.com), but I couldn't find much around Franklin. Maybe, I'm just no good at the search settings.

Anything that would point me in the right direction to be able to research a few apartments around there would be so incredibly helpful.

Thanks again!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
That's a hard area to search, I think, because it's often combined with other areas, like Beachwood Canyon, from which it separated. Since it's a relatively small neighborhood, few searches will name the area. You might get some leads frm Craigslist, but sometimes the ads are not as reliable, though it could give names of some of the apartment complexes that you could then research. You might have to plot the properties on a map to see if they fall within the neighborhood borders, if you just returned a general 90068 search, or a Franklin Village search, since sometimes adjacent areas will likely be returned from the same keywords.

The Franklin Village Neighborhood Association (FranklinVillage.org) offers a good background on the area. Perhaps using their contact form, you may be directed to a local source for listings, or some brokerages/agents who specialize in the area. There are some agents in Beachwood, but I am not sure if they would all handle rentals.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 AM

Thanks!
Getting in touch with the Neighborhood Association is a great idea!

And thanks again for the info about Beachwood. It's really helping me to get a better understanding of the area and what I'm looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: