Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:12 AM

5 posts, read 11,355 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,

I'm an italian boy, my name is Fabio Marangon and I'm 27 years old, I'm livin' in Novara (near Milan) and I'm studying "radiology technician" in the "university Avogadro oriental piemonte".
This is Scientific degree and I've read that this degree is acceptable in U.S.A.
I'd like to tranfer my future work to California in some hospital from 2-3 years to now.

I'm looking for all informations on:

1) life costs (especially homes) in the coastal areas (max 30-40km to sea), I prefer to avoid the big cities as los angeles, san diego and san francisco. I want to know the most convenient areas.

2) I'd like to have any contacts, friends or sponsor people for my starting life in California.
Moderator cut: NOT a good idea to post personal information

3) many, many recommendations and suggests.

Another thing, my house is open for americans that wanna do a holiday in Italy. I'm serious.

Thanks for all.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-22-2009 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: Not a good idea to post personal information on a message board
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 07:48 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,145,886 times
Hi Sanje

I don't know anything about coastal areas south of Los Angeles but north of Los Angeles, I would check out Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, and Ventura.

I think you will want to consider areas closer to the coast than 30km. At that point, you are getting to a different weather system.

Good luck and a big (in advance) welcome to California!!

Old 07-23-2009, 09:40 AM

Thanks for answer.

Yes, I consider areas closer to the coast than 30km. In this areas the weather is very different?
I'm looking for sunny cities with the sea but at the same time, with low costs life. Is this possible?

For example, I read that Santa Monica area is more expensive than Venice Beach, although, two areas are very close.
These informations are important for me.

One list of areas to avoid for high costs?

Old 07-23-2009, 04:21 PM

109 posts, read 446,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanje View Post

One list of areas to avoid for high costs?
All of Los Angeles.

But seriously, it depends on the job you get and what you consider a livable area.

Anywhere right by the beach is going to be extremely expensive except maybe areas around the port of LA/Long Beach. You may want to try Long Beach/Lakewood, although there are some areas there that you would want to avoid. The Coast and up the east side of Long Beach is good and into Lakewood. I believe that you could find something cheaper then in Santa Monica.

Santa Barbara and Ventura are a bit of a ways out of LA but they would also be more affordable.

If you don't mind living by an airport El Segundo or Hawthorn isn't to bad by LAX. Also, there are some nice areas of Torrence. You will probably have a better time money wise if you look inland a few miles.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asielen View Post
All of Los Angeles.

But seriously, it depends on the job you get and what you consider a livable area.

Anywhere right by the beach is going to be extremely expensive except maybe areas around the port of LA/Long Beach. You may want to try Long Beach/Lakewood, although there are some areas there that you would want to avoid. The Coast and up the east side of Long Beach is good and into Lakewood. I believe that you could find something cheaper then in Santa Monica.

Santa Barbara and Ventura are a bit of a ways out of LA but they would also be more affordable.

If you don't mind living by an airport El Segundo or Hawthorn isn't to bad by LAX. Also, there are some nice areas of Torrence. You will probably have a better time money wise if you look inland a few miles.
Good answer thanks,

I would to ask...but why there are all these houses for sale? how can I trust the prices of websites?
So, the prices vary between small areas.Ok.

My work is radiology technician, in Italy is a three years degrees (short degree) but in USA I don't know.
Maybe, Primary Undergraduate Degree?
The Average monthly salary for a Radiology technic in Italy is: min 1500-2000 € and more
however, depends on the level. My level is low.

I will try...

Old 07-24-2009, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,771,734 times
Quote:
Hi everybody,

I'm an italian boy, my name is Fabio Marangon and I'm 27 years old, I'm livin' in Novara (near Milan) and I'm studying "radiology technician" in the "university Avogadro oriental piemonte".
This is Scientific degree and I've read that this degree is acceptable in U.S.A.
I'd like to tranfer my future work to California in some hospital from 2-3 years to now.

I'm looking for all informations on:

1) life costs (especially homes) in the coastal areas (max 30-40km to sea), I prefer to avoid the big cities as los angeles, san diego and san francisco. I want to know the most convenient areas.

2) I'd like to have any contacts, friends or sponsor people for my starting life in California.
Moderator cut: NOT a good idea to post personal information

3) many, many recommendations and suggests.

Another thing, my house is open for americans that wanna do a holiday in Italy. I'm serious.

Thanks for all.
Try Santa Monica. If that's too close to the city for you then look into Santa Barbara.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:38 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA310 View Post
Try Santa Monica. If that's too close to the city for you then look into Santa Barbara.
Two of the most expensive places in the entire state? You might as well have recommended Beverly Hills.

Venice isn't cheap either, not by any means.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:50 PM

It's True.. in this days I'm using zillow.com ... the house in the sold are a good price.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:39 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,829,054 times
Quote:
It's True.. in this days I'm using zillow.com ... the house in the sold are a good price.
Zillow is NOT an accurate site for housing prices.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:11 AM

what are the sites most suitable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles