Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 AM

47 posts, read 165,372 times

Advertisements

Here's a website link to see what are the safest and UNsafest areas.
California Safe and Dangerous Cities FBI Crime Statistics

Another suggestion is to contact a realtor in the city and/or area that you are considering moving to. They are great resources on schools, shopping, and crime rates in their areas. Quite a few handle rentals in addition to sales.

Stay safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 PM

7 posts, read 27,772 times
Thank you EGR 818! This is great info to know since I have no idea about the traffic on each highway!!

I love this web site and you guys are sooooo helpful!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGR 818 View Post
Burbank is a great city (although the police are very ticket happy there), but the traffic on the 405 is going to worse than the traffic on the 118.

of all the places mentioned burbank is the only one thats its own city (with its own police) the rest are districts of los angeles policed by the LAPD who tend to respond very slowly, but hopefully that won't be an issue.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier soccer fan View Post
Here's a website link to see what are the safest and UNsafest areas.
California Safe and Dangerous Cities FBI Crime Statistics

Another suggestion is to contact a realtor in the city and/or area that you are considering moving to. They are great resources on schools, shopping, and crime rates in their areas. Quite a few handle rentals in addition to sales.

Stay safe.

This is wonderful especially for someone who is not familiar with a new area. Thank you Premier Soccer Fan!! Your valuable info has helped me A LOT on the house/apt research and thanks for the traffic calculation method. I will keep that in mind and double when driving in LA area, if I have to....

I have bookmarked this link and I bet I will use it pretty often after relocate to LA!!

Thank you!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescheeky View Post
I agree with my fellow posters here. At this point in time, the Far North East Valley part of Los Angeles (Sylmar, Sun Valley, Pacoima, Panorama City) are not very safe. If you want to stay North, then I recommend Granada Hills, Northridge, Porter Ranch. The 118 Freeway is far less populated than the 101 (In the South), so your traffic situation will not be nearly as severe if you go with the 3 "villages" mentioned above.

Good luck with your search. Let us know what you decide.
Hi JamesCheeky,

Thank you for your valuable input. Yes, I have started to search apt/house within those "villages" based upon everyone's suggestion.

Thank you and I'll let everyone know where I end up to!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles