Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 12:29 PM

6 posts, read 7,405 times

Advertisements

Hello.

I'm moving to West LA soon and I would like to gain some opinions from the area experts.
What are the pros and cons for Pacific Palisades and Bel Air?

My top priority is:
1. Top safe area with solid security
2. comparatively easy access to things like groceries, pharmacies, stores, etc.
3. Less traffic to get in and out
4. Cool temperatures

I would very much appreciate your thoughts in advance! ♡
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2024, 02:02 PM

4,500 posts, read 3,958,015 times
Pacific Palisades - Better access to shops (in the "village"), good access to the beach/Malibu, the only way in is via Sunset Boulevard which can be really slow at times. No freeway access. Probably a bit cooler due to beach proximity.

Bel Air - No shopping nearby at all, you'll be shopping in nearby Brentwood. access depends on where you are. EX: off Bel Air Road can be easy access from Sepulveda, if you're up Linda Flora it takes a while to get home. Closer to the 405 if you need freeway access. No beach access.

Safety & security is probably the same. Invest in real good gates/security system.

Old 05-10-2024, 07:35 PM

Oh. Thank you JustMike!
Helps a lot...
If you don't mind me asking, where would you like to live between the two?

Old 05-11-2024, 07:00 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicekim22 View Post
Oh. Thank you JustMike!
Helps a lot...
If you don't mind me asking, where would you like to live between the two?
Jeff Bezos lives in Bel Air.
It's a good area for the rich.

Old 05-11-2024, 10:40 PM

1,890 posts, read 3,130,248 times
Bel Air will be warmer and sunnier. But, it will also be more difficult getting in and out of shopping areas assuming you're up in the hills. It seems like the Palisades is the better of the two options presented, though it isn't clear Palisades is the only other such option.

Old 05-15-2024, 04:26 PM

14,042 posts, read 8,192,371 times
Don't know about Bel Air but my brother who lives in Pacific Palisades visited me a couple ago here in n Az.

He mentioned his car had been broken into four times over the past 18 months. Twice in front of his house, once while he was grocery shopping and another in Venice.

He has lived in the house for 30 years and up until several months ago always parked in the driveway. Now the car stays inside the garage. He also said there has been an increase in "knock-knock” burglaries.

My brother loves living in Pacific Palisades, but he and his neighbors are concerned about the increase in crime. The wealthy living in LA won't be able to keep the riffraff at bay indefinitely.

However, they do have money to hire private security and will probably need it.

Old 05-17-2024, 04:17 PM

oh didn't know Pacific Palisades is changing like that... This helped a lot! Thank you so much.

Old 05-23-2024, 02:16 PM

166 posts, read 129,897 times
I lived in Santa Monica Canyon which is right next to Pacific Palisades in 2005-2012-ish. It was pretty safe for the most part .Although I didn't feel safe at home at times with all the homeless running around and being in wealthy neighborhood in the city some people could break in but they probably won't. Pacific Palisades is kind of seen as more snooty and uptight historically as (Think leave it to beaver) in comparison to Santa Monica or Venice. Even though Santa Monica And Venice for the most part are highly affluent. Venice has a lot crime problems though.I don't know about now but that was more than 12 years ago since I have lived in that area. Things change so you have to check it out for your self.
Bel-Air is another story. Its in another league of its own. The money comparison between Pacific Palisades VS Bel- Air doesn't compare..

Last edited by sidneyinmyeyes34; 05-23-2024 at 02:47 PM..

Old 05-24-2024, 08:14 AM

28 posts, read 4,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Bel Air - No shopping nearby at all
Westwood village is within a 10 minute drive nearby.
Rodeo drive in Beverly Hills is maybe 15 mins away.
If they live in the northern part of Bel Air, they'll be 10 to 15 mins drive from Sherman Oaks.

Old 05-26-2024, 10:29 PM

4,468 posts, read 5,198,176 times
Both in the Hills, but Bel Air is more in the city than Pacific Palisades. Both are pinnacle trophy like communities. Can’t go wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles