Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 05:15 PM

48 posts, read 189,097 times

Advertisements

ok - thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 05:16 PM

148 posts, read 471,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
i have travelled between west hollywood and west adams (closer than USC) via san vicente quite frequently, and at all times of day. at night, it takes 15-20 minutes; at peak traffic times, nearly an hour.
I guess it depends on where you start from and where you finish on San Vicente. I know the WeHo portion can be awful. But once you get to the mid city and especially south of Olympic it can move quite fast, and taking Washington from there can fly. Even Olympic moves pretty good off of San Vicente.

For Dan's requirements, I threw out WeHo, preferably closer to Sunset as well as the Beverly Hills border. But Palazzo, yikes. I would think you could find a much better rental closer to the fun on the Sunset Strip.

Taking a bicycle? Well yes of course it CAN be done, but I certainly don't recommend it.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:17 PM

so you're saying move even farther out west?? any recommended apartments?

Old 05-21-2008, 05:27 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,648,004 times
you might also want to try miracle mile, south of wilshire.

here's the thing: try to keep the bulk of your commute in a single direction, as much as possible. that's why i would recommend culver city over west hollywood, even though the former is farther east than the latter, for the most part. you don't want to deal with a long stretch of south-bound traffic, and then another long stretch of east/west traffic, if you can help it.

i think sunset is much too far north to consider...but maybe that's just me. i live within two blocks of sunset, and i know that i wouldn't want to drive from here to USC every day.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:37 PM

148 posts, read 471,942 times
Well, you asked for nightlife, people your age (preferably attractive women), nice area so I threw out the Sunset Strip and WeHo. I think that would fit all of your requirements quite well. I know people who commute from the high desert to west LA, I'm talking 3 hours each way...I can't even fathom how or why someone would put up with such a thing.

It really depends on how much commute you can stomach. If 30 minutes to an hour each way is intolerable (and it varies...some days you may be lucky and you fly, other days traffic is unreal...Biblical bad), then forget WeHo/Sunset Strip.

Miracle Mile is awesome. Hell, most of the west side of LA is awesome. Lots of parts of LA in general are awesome. Culver City is okay, I mean personally it's nothing to write home about. I have one of my offices here, where I spend most of my day. I know it well. It's never really impressed me, and all I can say is thank God they opened up a Father's Office location down here. I would rather choose to live in West Adams rather than Culver City if I were in your shoes (and if I was leaning toward Culver City), because in my opinion it's pretty much the same thing, but at least West Adams is right next to USC. Either that or downtown.

My other office is in Hancock Park, which personally would be one of my ideal places to live. I currently live in the "slums" of Beverly Hills.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:39 PM

anyway so the palazzo isnt near fun things to do??

Old 05-21-2008, 05:40 PM

yes, attractive women, please.

where would you live if you were in my position?

Old 05-21-2008, 05:43 PM

30 posts, read 108,080 times
palazzo is 2400$ your budget is 2300$ how will it fit?

Old 05-21-2008, 05:45 PM

nah they are having a summer move in special of 2199....plus I can go up to 2400 but I want to stay at 2300 or lower.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:53 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,648,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan25 View Post
anyway so the palazzo isnt near fun things to do??
the palazzo is near lots of things, including a very busy outdoor mall. traffic congestion in that area is crazy, not only at rush hour, but any time of day when the weather is nice. it has all the amenities one could ask for in apartment living, but your budget won't get you more than a one-bedroom there.

another suggestion: larchmont. a little closer to USC than weho or miracle mile, and quite safe. i was just in larchmont village on saturday night, and there were lots of young people out and about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles