Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:54 PM

30 posts, read 64,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
good question. with al rantel on sick leave, and larry elder being bumped or cut off early by baseball every other day, i've been getting to know the hosts on KFI a bit better. if KABC isn't careful, they're going to lose me altogether, because i don't like switching back and forth.

KABC used to have baseball coverage back in the 90s, and it was annoying then, too. who the hell LISTENS to baseball on the radio? it's boring enough when you can see it!

Now they've added insult to injury by dumping Larry Elder while keeping the whinny irritating morning host McKyntyre ... how do you spell his name? I wonder how many other listeners switched their morning to KFI Bill Handel to avoid that morning dreary know nothing KABC ____ fill in the blank. He used to be great on the graveyard shift .... simply because I was asleep then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 01:34 AM

956 posts, read 3,008,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphm1999 View Post
Now they've added insult to injury by dumping Larry Elder while keeping the whinny irritating morning host McKyntyre ... how do you spell his name? I wonder how many other listeners switched their morning to KFI Bill Handel to avoid that morning dreary know nothing KABC ____ fill in the blank. He used to be great on the graveyard shift .... simply because I was asleep then.
His name is McIntyre, and he's the most intelligent host of them all. He's been a leader at bringing the discussion of illegal immigration, outsourcing, economic irresponsibility, etc. to the mainstream, whilst all the other hosts just lazily parroted GOP neocon talking points. If I never hear from Larry "You're a victocrat if you complain about immigration and outsourcing" Elder again, that would be just fine by me.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:14 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,635,597 times
Lots of people listen to Dodger games on the radio & it's important that at least a few stations are devoted to sports [and not just sports-talk but actual games]. Same goes for Laker games [if stuck in a car I want to hear the game].

Larry Elder is a divisive individual that KFI will avoid hiring. Like others, I listen to John & Ken for the laughs more than their obsessions but its great fun listening to John go off on Bush or make jokes about Schwarzenegger's accent

What ever happened to the great Phil Henry? a comedic genius. Remember all his voices & having conversations with himself?

Old 12-24-2008, 11:33 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,254,190 times
I like baseball and I like talkradio. There are enough radio channels where one does not need to preempt the other. Cutting into a program to broadcast baseball is absurd, there should be another radio channel for the baseball.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 AM

It was a pleasure to have McIntyre on vacation. John Phillips is a great broadcaster.... no whinny self grandizing voice like the idiot McIntyre. And he has good knowledge of current events without the rantings of ..... Here's hoping KABC gets wise and puts McIntyre back in the midnight slot and makes Phillips the morning voice. Then I can stop listening to Handel on KFI as he tends to get a little too disgusting for early morning enjoyment.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:36 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,254,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphm1999 View Post
It was a pleasure to have McIntyre on vacation. John Phillips is a great broadcaster.... no whinny self grandizing voice like the idiot McIntyre. And he has good knowledge of current events without the rantings of ..... Here's hoping KABC gets wise and puts McIntyre back in the midnight slot and makes Phillips the morning voice. Then I can stop listening to Handel on KFI as he tends to get a little too disgusting for early morning enjoyment.
McIntyre is getting ratings. Whether you like him or not KABC is looking for revenue. I find him whiney, but he has brought quite a few issues to radio that no others in the media even give lip service to.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:38 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,034,000 times
What I hate about KABC is an annoying horizontal seam in their HD broadcasts.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 AM

Whinny voiced McIntyre probably is the only one KABC can afford now that they continue to sink slowly to the bottom of the Arbitron charts, is he getting minimum wage yet?.
They have fallen to 23rd now in the LA market with a 2% share for Dec,2008. KFI has double the listeners in 5th place with 4%:

Arbitron Topline Diary and PPM Data

click on AQH Share rankers for PPM Markets.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:47 AM

Fallinnnnngggg.... down to 24th place. dropping .1 point every month for the last 4 months in their jouney to the bottom with whinney McIntyre and obnoxiously boring baseball. What a sad shame for a station I used to enjoy more than any other. 1.7 now versus 4.5 for KFI.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:29 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,113,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
good question. with al rantel on sick leave, and larry elder being bumped or cut off early by baseball every other day, i've been getting to know the hosts on KFI a bit better. if KABC isn't careful, they're going to lose me altogether, because i don't like switching back and forth.

KABC used to have baseball coverage back in the 90s, and it was annoying then, too. who the hell LISTENS to baseball on the radio? it's boring enough when you can see it!
you are serious? Who listens to baseball, most baseball fans do. I have been following the Dodgers (well can't listen anymore) since they came to L.A. always everyone I knew listened to them. This held true with the old Hollywood Stars and the Los Angeles Angels before the Dodgers were on the west coast. You are free to listen to whatever you want, if you are not a baseball fan, by all means listen to another station, but don't think people do not listen to baseball. actually it is more interesting on radio than on T.V.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles