Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2021, 11:01 PM

29,587 posts, read 23,006,158 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zMkvXNEzI4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 01:20 AM

37,208 posts, read 42,474,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Echo Park Lake part deux?

Old 06-13-2021, 05:50 AM

3,707 posts, read 1,388,190 times
This jackass sheriffs first action in 2018 was to remove federal immigration officers from all LA county facilities and end deportations. Illegal aliens have absorbed the affordable housing supply and drove wages down, and are willing to live 3 families in 1 bedroom apartments. Americans including veterans like myself end up homeless because we cant work 4 or 5 jobs to pay the soaring rents. Democrat Sheriff Alex implements the policies facilitating the unlawful invasion displacing Americans then sends his goons to kick Americans while theyre down. Shameful. Enforce our federal laws and stop promoting disastrous polices as you eye your next higher office, Sheriff. At worst he could simply be a racist latino, wouldnt be the first.

Old 06-13-2021, 06:53 AM

21,906 posts, read 16,649,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
This jackass sheriffs first action in 2018 was to remove federal immigration officers from all LA county facilities and end deportations. Illegal aliens have absorbed the affordable housing supply and drove wages down, and are willing to live 3 families in 1 bedroom apartments. Americans including veterans like myself end up homeless because we cant work 4 or 5 jobs to pay the soaring rents. Democrat Sheriff Alex implements the policies facilitating the unlawful invasion displacing Americans then sends his goons to kick Americans while theyre down. Shameful. Enforce our federal laws and stop promoting disastrous polices as you eye your next higher office, Sheriff. At worst he could simply be a racist latino, wouldnt be the first.
Aside from other misconceptions you are spewing here (about the roots of homelessness and unemployment and rent affordability issues) … local law enforcement is not empowered to act as federal enforcement. And the very policies you opine are “disastrous” are policies that many in law enforcement across the nation believe support their local peacekeeping goals.

Old 06-18-2021, 08:23 AM

26,959 posts, read 27,236,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by persistence_of_vision View Post
I must say something to set you straight: speaking as a homeless person, I don’t know what you are talking about that the homeless do not want any responsibilities. What it comes down to is that prices are too high for apartments at least here in Los Angeles and salaries haven’t risen accordingly. There are people working for major studios as PA’s and they can’t even afford an apartment so they live out of their cars. There are parking lots set up with security to keep those who use the lots safe and there are rules that have to be followed. I’m homeless currently and have no choice but to live out of my car.

Are there some people out here on the streets doing drugs? Sure, there’s also people who are employed and have a place to live who do drugs or are alcoholics or are rapists and murderers. How about getting to know someone before you judge them? There’s a lot of people becoming homeless due to the pandemic and are they ferrel and not wanting any responsibilities?
Thank you for speaking out and dispelling some myths about the homeless.

Old 06-18-2021, 08:26 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,053,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Thank you for speaking out and dispelling some myths about the homeless.
Agreed....but that was a very selective cut-and-paste out of a whole bunch of other ridiculous ranting from him.

Old 06-26-2021, 09:41 AM

8,458 posts, read 6,570,324 times
A 40 year old bum was found dead murdered in Venice.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:23 AM

169 posts, read 129,629 times
So glad I lurked on this forum and thread for weeks before traveling to LA from Orlando. Based on many of these posts, I was expecting a whole lot worse, so I was pleasantly surprised after spending a week in LA. Yes, there a lot of bums and tweakers (more than any other city I’ve seen) but it’s overblown and a little sensationalized. There are a lot of filthy tents with trash everywhere but there are a lot of well-kept ones too, too the point that they just feel like normal citizens as opposed to dirty hobos. And the amount of pedestrians walking around everywhere drown out the homeless people to an extent, in that they blend in as opposed to stand out. Don’t get me wrong, LA is still a pretty dirty city, but the natural and man-made beauty of it FAR overshadow the ugly.

Old 06-27-2021, 08:06 AM

5,872 posts, read 15,316,681 times
Interestingarms3750 you are simply a visitor who's spent a few days here. So can you really say people are sensationalizing the homeless crises? Can you actually compare 2021 LA to 2019? It's absolutely horrible. With your week or so visit, there's really not much you can say. Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Old 06-27-2021, 09:03 AM

2,210 posts, read 1,820,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingArm3750 View Post
So glad I lurked on this forum and thread for weeks before traveling to LA from Orlando. Based on many of these posts, I was expecting a whole lot worse, so I was pleasantly surprised after spending a week in LA. Yes, there a lot of bums and tweakers (more than any other city I’ve seen) but it’s overblown and a little sensationalized. There are a lot of filthy tents with trash everywhere but there are a lot of well-kept ones too, too the point that they just feel like normal citizens as opposed to dirty hobos. And the amount of pedestrians walking around everywhere drown out the homeless people to an extent, in that they blend in as opposed to stand out. Don’t get me wrong, LA is still a pretty dirty city, but the natural and man-made beauty of it FAR overshadow the ugly.
You should know Orlando handles the homeless problem far, far better than LA. The Ambassadors, who I had some association with when in Orlando in 2019 handle things way better. LA does a lousy job, or better yet, they do nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles