Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 06:26 PM

14 posts, read 57,700 times

Advertisements

So I'm very heavily considering purchasing a 2 bed condo sometime in the very near future. Solair on Wilshire is close to the top of the list, though we haven't looked at too many places thus far. Just wondering if you guys had any general suggestions, and any information regarding HOA fees, etc.

Looking for 2 bed in the sub 1 million range. Preferably a newer building. Preferences in location: somewhere somewhat walkable, relatively safe, access to Metro rail a plus, NOT considering downtown at this time. We figured our best bet was in mid-Wilshire/K-town or Miracle Mile. West LA is also a possibility though probalby unlikely to find a nice 2 bed under a million (with similar specs to a 2 bed in Solair).

ANY additional suggestions, comments, opinions would be greatly appreciated (even if your opinion is that it's stupid to buy now, or that we're choosing a terrible area). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 06:40 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,162,038 times
Your best bet was a great guess if you want access to Metro Rail. Miracle Mile is just up the road from the Red Line and there is a ten hour parking lot one block away. With the real estate market the way it is, you just might be able to find a condo on the Westsidefor under $1 mil. Try the auctions.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:14 PM

14 posts, read 57,700 times
Yeah, access to rail is a plus but not really a necessity. I actually doubt I would be using it very much (doesn't go anywhere I need to go for work). I'm more just looking for a nice, newer place in an area with decent street life (excluding Hollywood and downtown). I was more looking for suggestions for any new condo buildings that have been built in the mid-city area.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:26 PM

7,227 posts, read 22,289,168 times
A building in Silverlake was highlighted on Curbed today. I guess they're giving a $100k to the first 5 buyers on Saturday. I'm not sure what the original price was, but I'd imagine it would be under a mil. check it out Curbed LA: CurbedWire: Sunset Silver Lake Discount, Prices For Downtown's Brockman, andd Barker Block Tenant

Old 03-24-2008, 08:47 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,162,038 times
I know they are building some condos near Wilshire and Hauser. You can try Wilshire and Western through Wilshire and Fairfax. Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles