Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:31 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times

Advertisements

You could definitely find a 2 br in Palms for under $2000. Palms is probably about 20 minutes from Beverly Hills, maybe more maybe less depending on which part of BH you need to get to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 06:50 AM

67 posts, read 109,011 times
Thanks everyone. When I check westsiderentals.com and Craig's list I can't find a decent 2 bedroom apartment for $2,000. There are some but they look pretty messed up. Is it impossible to find a recently renovated apartment in that price range?

Old 03-11-2009, 08:11 AM

993 posts, read 2,491,119 times
Interesting thread. Sucks you have to pay for a parking space.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:13 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
What exactly do you mean by decent? There are certainly nice places in safe neighborhoods not too far from BH , but they might not all come with all the bells and whistles like in-unit W/D, dishwasher, new granite countertops, etc. And by "recently renovated" are you talking in last year renovated, or just you don't want a place with a pink tile bathroom? I prefer an older place and haven't looked for rentals for a few years, but it sounds like you either may have to slightly adjust your expectations or expand either commuting distance or price. Otherwise just keep looking - you have a big radius to work with, and you should be able to find something.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:59 AM

938 posts, read 4,094,236 times
Sounds like a perfect match for South Carthay/Crescent Heights.

I often get to BH in 2 minutes or less from there (no joke). Safety, charming Spanish duplexes and cottages, a sense of cohesiveness and stellar amenities are all pluses.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:00 PM

236 posts, read 789,355 times
The Western area of Miracle Mile

Old 03-11-2009, 04:37 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,150 times
Old thread. Check your dates, folks.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:06 PM

830 posts, read 2,860,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
You should be able to find a 2 bedroom in West LA for around $2000/month, maybe even in Beverly Hills.

Actually, you can find one for less than $2,000 in West LA. My complex just reduced their asking price on their vacancies by about $100 I think. A two bed is around $1700-$1800 I think.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:03 AM

3 posts, read 6,377 times
Having lived here my entire life it's amusing to read these responses. There's NO safe area in ALL of Los Angeles but rather streets that are safer than others. We often refer to them as neighborhoods but were talking about a 1mi radius in some and less than that in others. There's a good side and bad side to every city and of course the rent is always higher on the good side. Even BH has a bad side. West Hwood has an even worse "bad side". Yes there's a lot more crime on average, and in a larger circumference, in cities such as Compton, hp, south gate, Inglewood, etc. but these cities have the same crimes but just a little less of it occurring on their bad sides. If you want the safest area it would be any where the money is, and that IS the bottom line. Big rent=Bel Air, Beverly Hills, & Malibu have a lot of safe land. Then further out 22 miles or so from Hollywood you have places with a lot of safe land for a medium/high rent such as Agora Hills, Pasadena, Rowland Heights, Hacienda Heights, and of course there's always OJ Simpson's home in Brentwood. It is best to tour the areas while staying with a friend. This way you can see them during the day as well as night then make your decision. I truly believe with LA it's about a safe street or two, not a safe city. Just look at Hollywood, Sunset and Santa Monica for example? Crime on every block. La has been taken over by the HOODS and Illegals. I'm shocked that they haven't run everyone out of BH & Bel Air already! I'm sure over the next 100 years they very well may. Those two cities will be surrounded & closed in by something that you'd see in the film Escape From New York! Your BEST bet, if you want to be safe that is, and stay close to work, you need to rent a guest house in Beverly Hills or Bel Air.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:16 PM

749 posts, read 1,863,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabasas Kid View Post
Having lived here my entire life it's amusing to read these responses. There's NO safe area in ALL of Los Angeles but rather streets that are safer than others. We often refer to them as neighborhoods but were talking about a 1mi radius in some and less than that in others. There's a good side and bad side to every city and of course the rent is always higher on the good side. Even BH has a bad side. West Hwood has an even worse "bad side". Yes there's a lot more crime on average, and in a larger circumference, in cities such as Compton, hp, south gate, Inglewood, etc. but these cities have the same crimes but just a little less of it occurring on their bad sides. If you want the safest area it would be any where the money is, and that IS the bottom line. Big rent=Bel Air, Beverly Hills, & Malibu have a lot of safe land. Then further out 22 miles or so from Hollywood you have places with a lot of safe land for a medium/high rent such as Agora Hills, Pasadena, Rowland Heights, Hacienda Heights, and of course there's always OJ Simpson's home in Brentwood. It is best to tour the areas while staying with a friend. This way you can see them during the day as well as night then make your decision. I truly believe with LA it's about a safe street or two, not a safe city. Just look at Hollywood, Sunset and Santa Monica for example? Crime on every block. La has been taken over by the HOODS and Illegals. I'm shocked that they haven't run everyone out of BH & Bel Air already! I'm sure over the next 100 years they very well may. Those two cities will be surrounded & closed in by something that you'd see in the film Escape From New York! Your BEST bet, if you want to be safe that is, and stay close to work, you need to rent a guest house in Beverly Hills or Bel Air.

CalabasasKid: You are responding to a post that is 2 years old!

Also, you might try to hitting the INDENT key and create multiple paragraphs when typing such a long post. Much easier to read and more people will actually read your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles