Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 11:59 AM

339 posts, read 779,177 times

Advertisements

I was married at St. Peter's Italian Catholic Church on North Broadway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 12:11 AM

762 posts, read 612,631 times
I never knew LA had a Little Italy either. I just always assumed that when they came to LA, they just really spread out.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,959,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
I never knew LA had a Little Italy either. I just always assumed that when they came to LA, they just really spread out.
there was a time, way before many here were born or even their parents were, that each ethnic group had a section of Los Angeles where they settled, at least when first moving to So. Ca. Of course, like in most cities through the years this has changed.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
there was a time, way before many here were born or even their parents were, that each ethnic group had a section of Los Angeles where they settled, at least when first moving to So. Ca. Of course, like in most cities through the years this has changed.
I wonder why though we don't really advertise a Little Italy even if it's just simply in the historical sense. I mean San Diego has a Little Italy but it's largely in the historical sense because it's just trendy and overpriced places with wine bars today (you have a few old school Italian delis/restaurants/markets there but hardly any).

Old 08-22-2016, 09:21 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,517,629 times
Quote:
I wonder why though we don't really advertise a Little Italy even if it's just simply in the historical sense. I mean San Diego has a Little Italy but it's largely in the historical sense because it's just trendy and overpriced places with wine bars today (you have a few old school Italian delis/restaurants/markets there but hardly any).
San Antonio does a lot of advertising . I guess there is probably not enough Italian places open in the area still. At least clustered together .

Los Angeles Wine Events | Los Angeles Wine Tasting | Los Angeles Wine Club | San Antonio Winery

Old 08-22-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
San Antonio does a lot of advertising . I guess there is probably not enough Italian places open in the area still. At least clustered together .

Los Angeles Wine Events | Los Angeles Wine Tasting | Los Angeles Wine Club | San Antonio Winery
Yeah but that's not really the neighborhood. It's just a business advertising for itself.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:12 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,517,629 times
Quote:
Yeah but that's not really the neighborhood. It's just a business advertising for itself.
A lot of neighborhood is now lincoln heights or chinatown, so they would have to kind of 'take over' parts of that area.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:12 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,443,528 times
North Beach is also slowly succumbing. From the Southeast, the intense downtown development encroaches, from the Southwest Chinatown encroaches, and from the Northwest it's trustafarians and internet zillionaires.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:48 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,651,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
North Beach is also slowly succumbing. From the Southeast, the intense downtown development encroaches, from the Southwest Chinatown encroaches, and from the Northwest it's trustafarians and internet zillionaires.
Just like in NYC. There seems to be a pattern of Little Italies becoming Chinese.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:57 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,703,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
So Chinatown is indeed encroaching? In the SF forum somebody said it was not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles