Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 08:35 AM

12,536 posts, read 8,317,175 times

Advertisements

It can range from everywhere in the Southland in range of Los Angeles TV and radio transmitters to just the city basin inside of the City of Los Angeles city limits excluding the San Fernando Valley. I can mean the city basin including Culver City, Inglewood, the South Bay...unincorporated areas. I mean what I say when I say it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 10:09 AM

26,950 posts, read 27,191,591 times
Not too many people would include all these areas (and certainly not the Antelope Valley) in the 16 regions of Los Angeles County, but these guys apparently do: Mapping L.A. - Los Angeles Times

Old 03-29-2015, 02:03 PM

Location: Simi Valley, California - which was once part of the USA
350 posts, read 540,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Not too many people would include all these areas (and certainly not the Antelope Valley) in the 16 regions of Los Angeles County, but these guys apparently do: Mapping L.A. - Los Angeles Times
I know of a person from Hesperia, that tells people she's "From LA".

When I'm not in Southern California, I tell people that I'm from LA, but I'm from Los Angeles County at least, and if I said "San Dimas" no one except for someone who's seen Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure would know where that is.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:49 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,347,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSanDimas View Post
I know of a person from Hesperia, that tells people she's "From LA".

When I'm not in Southern California, I tell people that I'm from LA, but I'm from Los Angeles County at least, and if I said "San Dimas" no one except for someone who's seen Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure would know where that is.

Your friend is annoying.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Your friend is annoying.
Less my friend, more my old Coworker at In & Out Burger.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:15 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,779,860 times
Quote:
I love Pasadena. In my current situation it's impossible for me to live there (CSUN student - reside in the Conejo Valley right now) but I did get my AA from PCC and live at home and I loved every minute there. My family has been in the area for generations, we still own rental apartments there, and there is even a small street named after my mother's family (Langford Alley). I love the home style there, it looks like a small New England city, and until the 70s it had the WASPy demographics to match, people wouldn't ever know it now, but back in the day the greater Los Angeles area was probably the most WASP major city in the US!
Those damn WASP's.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Those damn WASP's.
I'm a blonde haired, blue eyed WASP. Definitely wasn't being pejorative.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:52 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,779,860 times
Quote:
I'm a blonde haired, blue eyed WASP. Definitely wasn't being pejorative.
Sorry Jeff, I was just kidding..as my ancestral lineage is also WASP, though I was definitely not born into the landed gentry of Pasadena.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:55 PM

5,442 posts, read 4,709,383 times
I think of L.A the city and it's surrounding suburbs. To be more accurate and detailed, I see L.A, Beverly Hills, Malibu, Santa Monica, Culver City, West Hollywood, etc as being L.A Places like Pasadena and Glendale to me would be it's satellites.

However I don't see Palmdale and Riverside, etc has being an extension of L.A let alone the part of the city.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:33 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,347,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
I think of L.A the city and it's surrounding suburbs. To be more accurate and detailed, I see L.A, Beverly Hills, Malibu, Santa Monica, Culver City, West Hollywood, etc as being L.A Places like Pasadena and Glendale to me would be it's satellites.

However I don't see Palmdale and Riverside, etc has being an extension of L.A let alone the part of the city.
I totally overlooked Malibu in my last post! The thing about Malibu is its so huge. I think the southern part of Malibu has a lot in common with the Westside of LA. Many people there participate in the Westside for work and social activities. But the further more remote parts of Malibu are their own world. Same with Topanga.

We also forgot the unincorporated areas of Marina del Rey and Ladera Heights. Definitely LA. Surprised they weren't ever annexed by LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles