Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:05 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,295,546 times

Advertisements

Metro has officially approved the Purple Line to the VA Hospital - including the Century City stop at Constellation Blvd - including having to tunnel under Beverly Hills High.

Let the lawsuits and delays begin. I think this one's gonna get REAL ugly.

(On a semi-related note, I know the $$ wasn't there but Bundy would've been a better interim terminal, IMO.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 08:21 PM

497 posts, read 1,505,939 times
I am happy it's going under the high school. There was a discussion here a few months ago and clearly that is the best route to service century city.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:11 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,265,850 times
I see all the NO RAIL UNDER BHHS signs scattered in yards and businesses around Beverly Hills. Please people! Its the best route and it needs to be built.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:19 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,053,130 times
Anyone who opposes a Beverly Hills rail line is insane - c'mon BH types - think of the influx of business to your community and the tax dollars - forget your xenophobic nightmares.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:35 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,887,758 times
I just hope they file the lawsuit ASAP so this project can get underway.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:09 PM

155 posts, read 260,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Anyone who opposes a Beverly Hills rail line is insane - c'mon BH types - think of the influx of business to your community and the tax dollars - forget your xenophobic nightmares.
I had a conversation with an ex-co-worker who lives in Beverly Hills, he went to one of the meetings about the rail extension, and he told me that the residents think poor Blacks and Latinos are going to take the metro to their area and commit crimes and then leave via train.

I don't know how that would work, but I think that there will be much more police protection on the Purple Line in the future than we have now.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDayGuy View Post
I had a conversation with an ex-co-worker who lives in Beverly Hills, he went to one of the meetings about the rail extension, and he told me that the residents think poor Blacks and Latinos are going to take the metro to their area and commit crimes and then leave via train.

I don't know how that would work, but I think that there will be much more police protection on the Purple Line in the future than we have now.
Though the city itself does support the extension. The big controversy is over the routing of the line between BH and Century City - BHHS has jumped around on their reasoning so much it is kind of hard to figure out exactly why they are opposing it at this point.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:35 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,899,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDayGuy View Post

Isn't crime in LA suppose to be at a 50 year low? BH seems kind of paranoid about this one.

Parking in century city is already difficult (i.e. seeing a movie on a sunday afternoon at 1 or 2pm). CC, BH seem bound to get a subway eventually.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:48 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,295,546 times
And here's the lawsuit: Beverly Hills district sues to block subway tunnel under school - latimes.com

Old 05-30-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K 22 View Post
Good, the sooner they lose the sooner work can begin.

I'm assuming because Metro (smartly) passed the extension in two (or three ) phases that immediate work is not going to be held up anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: