Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:17 AM

67 posts, read 207,033 times

Advertisements

Wait until end of 2009 for better loans and better prices. 2008 is going to be very ugly with much more foreclosures than people expect. People can start picking up the pieces of wreckage in 2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 11:31 AM

723 posts, read 3,001,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanDLA View Post
Wait until end of 2009 for better loans and better prices. 2008 is going to be very ugly with much more foreclosures than people expect. People can start picking up the pieces of wreckage in 2009.
I think the wave is going to come and go faster than people think. My plan is to buy again in mid 2008.

I would wait, 'cause even though there's good deals out there now; mid next year is when I think things are gonna be ripe.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:38 AM

27 posts, read 131,583 times
Default Wondering where you are getting this info

Hi
As a seller in Lancaster, I am wondering where you are getting this info.
Yes prices have dropped drasticly and we will soon pull our home off the market, however no one knows whats going to happen in 2008 yet let alone 2009. All this is just speculation so far.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 AM

134 posts, read 562,806 times
Default why wait

If you pull it off the market it will take 10 to 20 years for prices to rise back where they are now.If you bought before 2002 you have plenty of equity to make a profit.Dont get greedy slash the price and sell it,you can buy back in a few years when prices are drasticaly lower.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:21 AM

82 posts, read 358,936 times
Id recommend waiting, the prices are still on the high side and can come down more.

They arent the great buy foreclosures like in 1998 at this point, real estate investors are picking up the good deals before the general public sees them, need to give it more time.

Sales are down, many houses are on the market, but the ones that are selling from what Ive heard still arent the cheapest either...

Wait it out longer I say and see what happens.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:56 AM

2 posts, read 2,830 times
Well I know this forum started quite a long ago, don't know for sure, can't get to page two. But desertdawg seems to know a lot of stuff and so maybe he can give me some advice. I used to live in Cali and moved here in Texas 2005. Now I'm seeing a lot of foreclosures in Cali and really, badly wanting to finally buy an investment property. If we do though, I'm waiting till summer of '09, coz im waiting to get better (sick right now) to go back to work as a nurse. I feel more comfy investing when I have a job just in case my husband who works in IT lose his job and it will be a cushion in case I don't have a tenant. So is that too late, summer of '09? Also waiting on tax refund and bonus for my husband around march. And if we do go through with this, I'm looking at getting a house from an auction. I think I saw real estate agents offering their service in helping out with these. Is this true, you can have a real estate agent while buying a home from an auction? I totally have no experience with this and needs help big time as far as how the process goes and making sure that the home is inspected before I buy. Also my mom lives in fontana so I kind of wanna buy around there, coz I might also use this home as a vacation home. I like it close to Victoria Gardens =). But I'm afraid of buying a home there because they are of course more expensive and I kinda want to start with a lower priced home since this is my first investment. I guess you could say I'm excited to do this but also scared. Scared and don't know how to go about this that I'm afraid this dream of mine just might be one of those plans that I won't get to follow through. Anyway I looked at Las Vegas, Victorville, and other places with cheaper homes.....Moreno Valley and such, but also thinking this might not be a good investment compared to if I buy one closer to LA or other places with huge attractions like disneyland. Please your input and anybody else out there that has advice is appreciated. Thanks. anna

Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,380,735 times
Anna Marie Marquez.

You are on the right track. Summer of 2009 will be a great time to buy a home. Here is why. Between June and August many of the people that bought homes with ARM's will have those ARM's reset. Even with the changes in the lending environment many of those people will be putting those homes on the market or the banks that own them will put them on the market. That is going to cause an additional decrease in the value of the housing stock in California and in the nation. I can tell you what is happening in Ventura County, just north west of LA. Homes that were selling in the high $500,000 and low $600,000 range in early 2007 have now declined to the low $300,000 range. We have watched with interest one neighborhood that we are planning on buying in the decline of value to the homes. In the past 2 months one home has declined in asking price from $380,000 to $330,000. It is a beautifull 4 bedroom 2 bath home. Nicest home on that street. I noticed another on that street that is now selling for $295,000. A good friend and investment advisor instructed me to put an offer of $230,000 on the lower priced home. Chances are by the summer it will be selling at that price anyway.

Lets say that the value of homes is at the bottom now. Chances are prices will not rise as fast as they are falling now. It is easier to drop something than to pick it up. The last time that prices declined it took a while for homes to increase in value. I think that you are on the right track.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:04 AM

2 posts, read 2,830 times
Thank you SOON for your comment! This gives me more confidence in this venture , and every bit of info helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles