Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2011, 10:40 PM

18 posts, read 32,745 times

Advertisements

Greetings all,

I've been a member of City-Data for a while now.
I wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

Instead of trolling... I decided to post because of the interesting people, view points and information here on C-D.

As my title states I'm born and raised in SoCal. I still live here by the way.

Sometimes I think about moving but in my travels and research, I haven't found another place that I could call home.

I'm 48 years old and have seen alot. If anyone has question or just wants to talk about LA, California or other places I've seen, I would like share or exchange experiences.

Please excuse my username : Cal_Lotto ... I don't know what I was thinking. LOL.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 11:39 PM

17 posts, read 24,771 times
I was born and raised here, too. But I moved away and lived in several other states, for many years, before finally returning home. I'm here to stay now! In addition to the states I've lived in, I've also visited many other states (I've lost count, but probably 25 or so), but out of all of them NOWHERE felt like home. Nowhere else could even come close to offering all the things Southern California can. At least for me. Obviously, some people are perfectly happy living elsewhere. More power to them! But this California native will never again move away from California.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:08 AM

18 posts, read 32,745 times
Hi BackHomeInSoCal ,

That's very intriguing that you have lived in so many different places. It would seem that one would get very familiar with an area after an extended stay.

Yes more power to those that find a destination that suits them and makes them happy. For me I have found no perfect place so I choose to live in a place that has the most positives.

One place that I have seriously considered relocating to was just northeast of Sacramento near Placerville, Auburn or somewhere in that vicinity. I visit my friend who lives there frequently. The more I visit that area the more I am starting to realize that I just might want to visit instead of moving there.

I've seen many changes in Southern California, mostly for the better.

Welcome back to SoCal.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 PM

28 posts, read 61,798 times
Well I'm not originally from Los Angeles. I've lived in Germany and traveled to about 22 different countries. California/Los Angeles has its problems, but I believe it's the best place to live. In one day, I can go skiing in the mountains of Big Bear, walk along the beach at Santa Monica and enjoy the mild weather. Since I'm from back east, community colleges and universities are more expensive! In Los Angeles, you can easily afford a junior college. In Virginia, a junior college would cost the same as CSUN, making it difficult to afford an education. Los Angeles has lots to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles