Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:02 PM

12 posts, read 35,815 times

Advertisements

Hey whats up dudes and females my name is Roman. Lets just jump into this..... I'm planning on moving down to LA from Sac within the next couple weeks - to a month....

I'm 21 years old, straight dude. I was born in Moscow Russia, I immigrated to Sacramento with my family in the summer of 2000. Currently I live in Sacramento, CA I am looking to relocate to LA within a month or so...(possibly sooner) Out here, I have a full-time job here working at a mall as a security guard(not the best job in the world but it's the easiest paycheck) I don't discriminate against people what so ever. I am the nicest, coolest easiest person to get along with you'll ever meet. I'm down to earth, really a straight shooter, I'm driven to success. Sacramento is a crappy city, there's no excitement out here, job market is also at it's worst. I'm an independent person, responsible, honest. I like to stay positive about everything in my life... I mean after all we only get one shot at life. I do smoke cigarettes, and on occasion I do have a drink. I never smoke inside the house and I never throw wild parties, I'm responsible and I believe that there's always time to have fun and there's time to be a grown up. I'm looking for a room, or even a couch to rent in someones house. If you're a boring snob that has no life and you're not socially active I don't wanna live with you. I want to live with a cool, easy going, fun, talkative person. If you're in the entertainment business that would be a big help to me to learn everything I need to learn. I have my goals and my priorities set straight and I am eager to move down to LA and get the ball rolling. Acting has been my passion since I was a little kid So I am planning on moving down to LA to pursue my dream goal. I don't really have experience in acting but with my motivation/inspiration I am driven to succeed.

I don't wanna just "surf" on your couch for free, I don't like taking advantage of people like that....at the same time I don't wanna be ripped off either, I have a good amount of money in savings so I have my head on my shoulders.... I am trying to work out details to see if I can get a job transfer to LA from Sac but in case that fails, if someone knows someone who's hiring I will send my resume along with pics. I will be thankful for all the help and if a job is offered I will pay higher rent. Let me know what you have and how much you're asking. Pics, phone number & additional info is available upon request.

Thanks for reading. Stay warm. I've posted the same thing on CL and got a good amount of responses, I'm weighing out my options at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 05:26 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,924,645 times
If you are Russian Jewish you probably could contact one of their organizations to help you out. If you have a California Guard Card that will defintely help you find a security guard position. It's pretty hard to get an entertainment job without being in L.A. first.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:07 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,338,515 times
CL is dangerous. You're best off trying to rent a room in a house rather than crash for free at some sketchy guy's place.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:56 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,932,277 times
I think this guy will be the only person who would take you in for free. Good luck with your moving goals in 2011.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:16 PM

10 posts, read 50,151 times
your acting dream is most likely to stay that way, a dream, everyone moves to LA to become an actor, sadly very few make it.
Think before you act, you could be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire

Old 04-08-2011, 07:16 PM

16,805 posts, read 40,074,444 times
I can't help you because I'm a boring misanthrope who hates talking, but I must say this: Your command of the English language is 10000 times better than most of the native-born 21 year old punks I know.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:58 PM

I'm not Jewish and I didnt say I wanna stay for free lol. I will pay for a place. I'm looking for a decent place and decent people. Thanks for all your responses.

@nostril: I know what I'm getting myself into, success doesn't come easily. People tend to give up too soon.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:15 PM

425 posts, read 1,959,821 times
Roman, I would suggest you check out roommates.com. You have to pay to actually be able to contact the person, but some people do put their emails on their profiles so you can contact them for free anyway. (You could do the same when creating your profile so people looking for roommates can contact you.)

However, I think you need to be realistic about who your roommates will be. Don't expect everyone to want to be your friend just because you're their roommate. Also, don't expect them to be your entertainment. Becoming friends is a plus, respect and common courtesy is what you should expect and give.

Just my two cents.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoll View Post
Roman, I would suggest you check out roommates.com. You have to pay to actually be able to contact the person, but some people do put their emails on their profiles so you can contact them for free anyway. (You could do the same when creating your profile so people looking for roommates can contact you.)

However, I think you need to be realistic about who your roommates will be. Don't expect everyone to want to be your friend just because you're their roommate. Also, don't expect them to be your entertainment. Becoming friends is a plus, respect and common courtesy is what you should expect and give.

Just my two cents.

Thanks chief for your 2 cents. Appreciate it.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:26 AM

10,045 posts, read 9,560,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman24 View Post
I'm 21 years old, straight dude. I was born in Moscow Russia, I immigrated to Sacramento with my family in the summer of 2000. Currently I live in Sacramento, CA I am looking to relocate to LA within a month or so...(possibly sooner) Out here, I have a full-time job here working at a mall as a security guard(not the best job in the world but it's the easiest paycheck) I don't discriminate against people what so ever. I am the nicest, coolest easiest person to get along with you'll ever meet. I'm down to earth, really a straight shooter, I'm driven to success. Sacramento is a crappy city, there's no excitement out here.
It's all relative, at least Sacramento is less crappier than Moscow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: