Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:05 PM

4 posts, read 8,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
The nutty thing is your husband.

American History X came out in the 90s and has nothing to do with Los Angeles - All Hollywood films take place in LA because its easier for them to shoot it. MS-13 is in certain parts of town and doesn't give a crap about Asians. It's Latin/Black violence.
Oh, wow...

...well, that certainly makes me feel good about my decision to move out to LA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 03:05 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,265,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria4 View Post
I do resent him sometimes. But does he resent me? Is it like he wants to bite the hand that feeds him? Good God this is like a can of worms. he drinks. he says he's been trying to stop drinking. Jesus! Will I ever get out then? I feel tied down by my love for him. I keep thinking of his needs first. What's wrong with me?
That sounds more like "codependency" than "love."
Codependency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-28-2011, 03:12 PM

14 posts, read 28,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria4 View Post
holy s&^%!! I am seeing things in a whole new way. I am so glad I posted on this board!! he loves Portland and he is white. But I do love him, very much. he depends on me right now but hopefully he'll get his finances straight soon. it is a big burden on me and he needs to resolve them soon, it's a lot of work supporting someone and I cannot do this forever, it's getting kind of crazy. I am so glad I don't have kids!!
he says that me wanting to move to LA is because I am having a mid life crisis. Am I? I just love CA and the sun and I'm getting old and it's cold here and you live only once. I was just so happy there. maybe it's just me thinking the grass is greener.

Ok, so you're supporting him and he's telling you where he doesn't want to live? If he's not working he doesn't have much of a say. You need to do what makes you happy.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:18 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,973,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossiblyLABound View Post
Oh, wow...

...well, that certainly makes me feel good about my decision to move out to LA!
What he meant to say is: It's Latin/Black gang thug thang. Thing.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:55 PM

10 posts, read 19,633 times
thanks everyone. I feel overwhelmed. I see things in a completely different light now. I have to see a therapist. My God if he is manipulating me then he's really good. He's a really smart man and I think he knows just what to say to keep me here. I'm thinking about him now and I cannot even tell where the love ends and the strings begin. I've been a marionette. Wonderful.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:58 PM

52 posts, read 181,455 times
i smell a troll. seriously folks.

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-28-2011, 04:07 PM

89 posts, read 215,202 times
My troll spidey-sense isn't tingling - and even if the OP is, so what? This is going to hit home for someone else reading it. I'm not exaggerating when I say that at least half the women I know have been in similar situations, and for some of them it took objective outsiders to show them what was going on.

(Disclaimer: I am not advocating general troll-feeding.)

Old 02-28-2011, 05:03 PM

425 posts, read 1,956,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polican View Post
i smell a troll. seriously folks.

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I was just going reply to say that. At first they could be considered seriously naive, but it was worthy of wondering if they were trolling, but then they rolled out the "YOU CHANGED MY LIFE OMG" carpet...

Old 02-28-2011, 05:24 PM

10 posts, read 19,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoll View Post
I was just going reply to say that. At first they could be considered seriously naive, but it was worthy of wondering if they were trolling, but then they rolled out the "YOU CHANGED MY LIFE OMG" carpet...
that's fine. someone else will rub salt in your wounds.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,035,787 times
Naw, most trolls are not so brilliant as to evoke real sympathy towards them - I believe maria is sincere - does that make me naive? - now what I just said - that is troll bait! Good luck maria and LA is a great town -if you come here, I think you will agree(even if your husband does not)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles