Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:27 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,233,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
The info on that web site is horse dodo imho. The info on the site shows Lancaster and Long Beach are about the same as far as crime statistics go, are you freaking kidding me?
I have been to Palmdale and Lancaster several times for work and I would not want to live in either city. A desert ghetto, nothing more. Santa Clarita seemed OK at the very least compared to other two.
Quite right.

www.the-signal.com/section/115/article/39779/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 09:45 PM

6 posts, read 17,123 times
Default You can't talk about a place you have not lived in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
The info on that web site is horse dodo imho. The info on the site shows Lancaster and Long Beach are about the same as far as crime statistics go, are you freaking kidding me?
I have been to Palmdale and Lancaster several times for work and I would not want to live in either city. A desert ghetto, nothing more. Santa Clarita seemed OK at the very least compared to other two.
If you want to talk about ghettos. Between Lancaster and Long Beach, Long Beach is far more ghetto. Lancaster is a much nicer community. Honestly, I am sick and tired of people complaining about places they have never lived in. Believe me, I have lived in Lancaster and will be moving back. If you would not be happy living in Lancaster, that's fine, don't move here.

My friends and I all love living here. We have the money to live somewhere else, but we love where we live. It is full of great people. And yes, there are some undesirables as well, like everywhere. Don't criticize my community, especially if you do not live here.

I love Lancaster because of the great people, the great weather. I like the winds that blow through in spring. I like having four seasons. I love the beautiful desert scenery. I absolutely love the fresh air, it is cleaner than anywhere else in LA county.

If Lancaster is not for you that is fine. The majority of people up here love it, otherwise they would move. QUIT CRITICIZING a community that I have grown to love.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:05 PM

18 posts, read 41,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santaclarita View Post
If you want to talk about ghettos. Between Lancaster and Long Beach, Long Beach is far more ghetto. Lancaster is a much nicer community. Honestly, I am sick and tired of people complaining about places they have never lived in. Believe me, I have lived in Lancaster and will be moving back. If you would not be happy living in Lancaster, that's fine, don't move here.

My friends and I all love living here. We have the money to live somewhere else, but we love where we live. It is full of great people. And yes, there are some undesirables as well, like everywhere. Don't criticize my community, especially if you do not live here.

I love Lancaster because of the great people, the great weather. I like the winds that blow through in spring. I like having four seasons. I love the beautiful desert scenery. I absolutely love the fresh air, it is cleaner than anywhere else in LA county.

If Lancaster is not for you that is fine. The majority of people up here love it, otherwise they would move. QUIT CRITICIZING a community that I have grown to love.

This is SoCal. Hot winds does not count as four seasons. The occasional snow does not define winter and since it is a desert, spring hardly counts. Yes there are Joshua trees but they don't lose their leaves - aka no fall season. That leaves you with just summer.

Good for you that you love Lancaster.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:01 PM

14 posts, read 32,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santaclarita View Post
Don't consider Santa Clarita for a minute, I live there and it is terrible in many ways. The people are unfriendly, the traffic and smog are unbearable. I am moving out as soon as I can. I grew up in Lancaster, and it is still a much better community than Santa Clarita could ever wish to be.
Well said.

Just imagine how f***ed up the 5 freeway will be when they start building the Newhall Ranch neighborhood off the 126!

You can add another 30 minutes to your commute to L.A.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:12 PM

8 posts, read 12,943 times
I no exactly what u mean Camaroguy.. I lived in Lancaster for 14yrs.I will tell anyone if you have some where else to go..Go Lancaster is not Friendly or either nice at all. They just built downtown Blvd up.it look ok.. I can tell you about every street, block and area not to move@. But if you really want to move out this way.. Dont move to Palmdale. Lancaster is a little better then Palmdale.. The west side of Lancaster is nice. But now they building all those new homes that way. They Breaking in your house left n right. But The West side between J n K 30th on west is cool. The Eastside is ok to 20th east on over(but alot of people is moving east now)they buildn very nice homes that way.. But Im n Lancaster n Im Movn out this MF in June(can't wait) but please take my advice..N dont go to none of the Clubs lol..The school r not that good maybe a couple. High School try your best to avoid sending your child to AV High..Lancaster HS is better..or Highland High

Old 06-03-2011, 05:29 AM

205 posts, read 482,871 times
I grew up in the area, I recent went back and couldnt believe how ghetto Palmdale has gotten! I would not live in Palmdale. My friends who still live there say that Quartz hill, west lancaster or by the mall is the best place to be. To mee the AV seemed to nothing but subdivision, its nice how they built of the mall . There isnt much out there, the mall is dead. I would consider santa clarita first. Its not too far of a drive but you'll have more to do, shopping, dining, activities. I think its about 25-30 minutes depending on traffic.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:30 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,166,261 times
Valencia is pretty lovely.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 776 times
For those of you who still may read this. Southern CA housing is on the coast. The rest is all barren desert. There are shanty towns dispersed throughout the desert that are 50 - 100 miles inland from the metropolis of CA. People live here because they work in the desert or cant afford typical CA pricing. (who can really) The scenery isn't too bad with the mountains close by, but these desert towns are savage forgotten lands with people doing drugs in front of boarded up storefronts that once were. (its better than New Mexico at least)

If you have to move here, move to the valley or something. Long Beach is actually really nice but its 2 hours away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles