Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,295 times

Advertisements

I lived in North Hollywood in early 70's and also in the Valley and in Saugus -Newhall area as well. I am returning for a visit in Dec. for 10 days or so and was wondering how the areas are now for shopping and for safety after dark.

I will be staying in the Calabasa area and I hope that area is good.

I'm just hoping that areas I lived in before are not getto areas or gangs etc.

I lived off Lankershim on Valley Spring Lane before and was nice area then.

Any input will be helpful.........

Thanks.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 08:23 PM

66 posts, read 162,427 times
Calabasas is nice and should not be cause for concern. N. Hollywood on the other hand is a place I would avoid at night due to gangs etc at least the parts I have been to.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:22 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,632,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifornicateTexas View Post
Calabasas is nice and should not be cause for concern. N. Hollywood on the other hand is a place I would avoid at night due to gangs etc at least the parts I have been to.
Thats absolutely ridiculous. Some parts of North Hollywood are not so great.

However, the OP lived on the border of Toluca Lake, where there are multimillion dollar homes and many celebrities reside.

Calabasas and Lankershim/Valley Springs are some of the nicest parts of Southern California.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:55 PM

66 posts, read 162,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post

Thats absolutely ridiculous. Some parts of North Hollywood are not so great.

However, the OP lived on the border of Toluca Lake, where there are multimillion dollar homes and many celebrities reside.

Calabasas and Lankershim/Valley Springs are some of the nicest parts of Southern California.
I was speaking generally as to my opinion on the parts I HAVE SEEN, yes I know I know I know the op mentioned specific sections streets but its been since the 70's that he/she has been to N. Hollywood and the area. Has the area changed for the better or worsened since then generally speaking?

Everyone has an opinion.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:59 PM

448 posts, read 1,606,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifornicateTexas View Post

North Hollywood is too large of an area to make such a broad sweeping statement. It starts all the way from Studio City/Universal City to the South all the way up to Sun Valley to the North. The area the OP is referring to is a very affluent and nice part of North Hollywood.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:59 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,779,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrt24 View Post
I lived in North Hollywood in early 70's

Any input will be helpful.........

Thanks.......
Realize the need to plan around traffic. The 101/134 between Calabasas and North Hollywood can be really bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles