Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 01:26 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,909,728 times

Advertisements

Remember a few months ago when that CHP officer was killed by a Lexus (or Infinity) which allegedly was passing on the right shoulder?
Haven't heard much about it in a while.
Did a little digging and found this.

Read both articles and focus on "Brandon David Brown". Am I missing something?
This article says "Brandon David Brown" from Compton died on June 20th.
Fatal accident snarls 405 Freeway through the Westside [Updated] | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
This article says "Brandon David Brown" from Compton hit Ortiz on June 9th and Ortiz died on the 23rd yet the investigation is ongoing on Brown.
CHP officer dies, he was writing ticket before 405 Freeway collision on June 9 - Beverly Hills Courier, Beverly Hills Newspaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 02:35 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,239,197 times
A couple of weeks ago I was driving on the same stretch of the 405 and saw some *****hole driving up the shoulder just like the guy who killed the CHP officer. Just north of that spot is the exit lane for National Blvd and the 10 freeway and I guess some people feel that they can beat the traffic by driving on the shoulder. It's really sad to hear about what happened to Mr. Ortiz and extremely frustrating that people continue to drive in the same manner as Mr. Brown.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,647,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
A couple of weeks ago I was driving on the same stretch of the 405 and saw some *****hole driving up the shoulder just like the guy who killed the CHP officer. Just north of that spot is the exit lane for National Blvd and the 10 freeway and I guess some people feel that they can beat the traffic by driving on the shoulder. It's really sad to hear about what happened to Mr. Ortiz and extremely frustrating that people continue to drive in the same manner as Mr. Brown.
CHP/CTrans put some kind of installation there since that "accident*" You cannot make it all the way to the national exit without getting back into the normal flow.

*I use the term accident loosely.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:22 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,502,913 times
there is very little law & order in LA, people can basically do anything they want

Old 09-29-2010, 08:20 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,909,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
there is very little law & order in LA, people can basically do anything they want
Including making generalized blanket statements?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles