Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2010, 09:31 PM

65 posts, read 161,617 times

Advertisements

This one is for the ladies. My husband and I are relocating to Northport, and I need to find the very best hair colorist near by. I have dark hair, and I like to get highlights that are ashy and light. My entire life it has been very difficult somehow to find a colorist that knows how to get my hair to the tone I want. I need someone with a lot of experience, who will not overprocess my hair. In terms of price, of course I would rather not spend too much, but I am used to spending well into the high hundred low two hundreds for my hair.

I heard of Cactus salon on Main Street in Huntington. Is that a good place? If it is, does anyone have an opinion as to who is the very best colorist there?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 09:43 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,106,564 times
Dont know the answer but did you finally find a home to purchase in Northport? Do tell!!! I know you were looking for a long time. I think you will love Northport.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 PM

Yes, we did! It's right between Northport and Centerport, but the whole experience has been beyond awful. The Sellers are selfish, put a lot of pressure on us to sign the contract quickly, got mad at us for reviewing and making modifications to the contract prior to signing, they made assurances we would close in mid May without a doubt and we stressed the fact that we needed to know for sure because we are currently renting in a luxury community that requires advance notice and will rent out our unit as soon as we tell them we are leaving. Their agent said we had nothing to worry about, that they were ready to close as soon as we were. And as soon as we signed, got the mortgage commitment, and said we were ready, they said they would need until the very day that we have to turn over the apartment before they can close. Meanwhile, we had THE WORST attorney, who did not counsel us, did not modify the contract as it should have been, and left an on or about date that actually legally allowed the sellers that much time to close against our directions. Basically, we trusted the worst attorney I have ever seen or heard of. So, although we did find a great house, for a fair price (we are paying what it appraised for), we ended up being the most miserable we have ever been our whole lives. I broke out all over my face because of stress, I had to fire the moron attorney we hired (his name is Ron Alber and he is in Commack - never use him or let anyone use him), I have not slept well in weeks, I still don't have a firm closing date, and I am not sure where we will go between where we are now and the new house. We work many hours and the last thing we need is this stress. We also have our two dogs with us.I can't even hire a moving company because these selfish people won't tell us when we are moving. So yeah. I'm sorry for venting. That is our story. Probably the least happy first time home purchase...ever.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,106,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalibu24 View Post
Yes, we did! It's right between Northport and Centerport, but the whole experience has been beyond awful. The Sellers are selfish, put a lot of pressure on us to sign the contract quickly, got mad at us for reviewing and making modifications to the contract prior to signing, they made assurances we would close in mid May without a doubt and we stressed the fact that we needed to know for sure because we are currently renting in a luxury community that requires advance notice and will rent out our unit as soon as we tell them we are leaving. Their agent said we had nothing to worry about, that they were ready to close as soon as we were. And as soon as we signed, got the mortgage commitment, and said we were ready, they said they would need until the very day that we have to turn over the apartment before they can close. Meanwhile, we had THE WORST attorney, who did not counsel us, did not modify the contract as it should have been, and left an on or about date that actually legally allowed the sellers that much time to close against our directions. Basically, we trusted the worst attorney I have ever seen or heard of. So, although we did find a great house, for a fair price (we are paying what it appraised for), we ended up being the most miserable we have ever been our whole lives. I broke out all over my face because of stress, I had to fire the moron attorney we hired (his name is Ron Alber and he is in Commack - never use him or let anyone use him), I have not slept well in weeks, I still don't have a firm closing date, and I am not sure where we will go between where we are now and the new house. We work many hours and the last thing we need is this stress. We also have our two dogs with us.I can't even hire a moving company because these selfish people won't tell us when we are moving. So yeah. I'm sorry for venting. That is our story. Probably the least happy first time home purchase...ever.
I am sorry to hear all this but I am sure once you have the home you wil be happy. I can really relate as the same thing happened with our current home...similar sellers, similar attorney. I really do understand. I pray that your closing day comes soon so you can put all of this behind you and be happy. Sounds like you picked a great location!!!!

Old 05-22-2010, 08:36 AM

Thank you. You are so sweet and have really been great [online] support through this process.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:03 PM

213 posts, read 728,193 times
Didn't the 1st time homebuyer credit end a while ago n was extended for military personnel who were away

Old 06-10-2011, 08:04 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwind View Post
Didn't the 1st time homebuyer credit end a while ago n was extended for military personnel who were away
Yes.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,743 times
Hi.. dont know of anyone at Cactus but have a great guy in Roslyn at Ultissima named Wayne.. He has fixed my hair from orange to the hi-lights I was looking for which is what you want. I also live in Huntington and the ride is not long right off the LIE or northen state. He is so nice and the price is low compared to other salons. You will love him.. He also set me up with the Hairdresser there Michelle and she is awesome as well.. Good luck on LI

Old 01-20-2012, 07:44 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurieS200 View Post
Hi.. dont know of anyone at Cactus but have a great guy in Roslyn at Ultissima named Wayne.. He has fixed my hair from orange to the hi-lights I was looking for which is what you want. I also live in Huntington and the ride is not long right off the LIE or northen state. He is so nice and the price is low compared to other salons. You will love him.. He also set me up with the Hairdresser there Michelle and she is awesome as well.. Good luck on LI

Laurie, since you are new to the boards I want to mention something to you. You can respond to any and all comments of course, but the thread you responded to was from 2010. We all have knowledge we can share to help others and perhaps there is a person on the boards now from that area looking for a colorist currently that it will help, but generally speaking (emphasis on generally) you will probably help more people with a more current thread. Welcome to the C-D boards.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:03 PM

939 posts, read 2,310,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Laurie, since you are new to the boards I want to mention something to you. You can respond to any and all comments of course, but the thread you responded to was from 2010. We all have knowledge we can share to help others and perhaps there is a person on the boards now from that area looking for a colorist currently that it will help, but generally speaking (emphasis on generally) you will probably help more people with a more current thread. Welcome to the C-D boards.
i hope the poor op was able to find a colorist in the past year and a half, otherwise she must look awful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island