Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 07:37 AM

270 posts, read 970,639 times

Advertisements

Get a new lawyer. Sounds like the one you have isn't specialized in Real Estate practice.

Everything in a real estate contract should have date conditions on it. You leave yourself open to too much hassle otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 01:29 PM

407 posts, read 969,193 times
You have an attorney...right? Let's hope yes. What does your attorney say? Most contracts have somethinbg in them with a time frame, either that they have to sign by a certain date OR that is invalid after a certtain date, often when your timeframe for the mortgage runs out.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM

6 posts, read 17,421 times
I am in the same situation as these people. Me and my family put an offer and signed the contract. Our attorney send the contract to the seller's attorney but,his answer is that the lady is sick and she did not come to sign the contract yet. Do i have to wait or walk away? It has been more then 2 weeks.I don't know which to trust?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:56 PM

999 posts, read 2,360,455 times
Tell them forget it, if they want it they'll call you.....

just pull it off and watch how they look for you, or they're watching something else and seeing if they can pull out and up the price in a few months..

Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM

1,386 posts, read 5,352,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Tell them forget it, if they want it they'll call you.....

just pull it off and watch how they look for you, or they're watching something else and seeing if they can pull out and up the price in a few months..

I agree with this. Although you don't have to be mean about it. Nicely explain to the attorney/RE agent that although you want to go forward with the transaction, you can't wait further with this uncertainty. If you're not going to be able to move forward on this house you need to start pursuing other houses. Ask them to kindly explain that to the seller and ask for a response by the next day.

I would apply that kind of pressure, but in a nice way as I'm assuming you still want the house and still have more dealings here.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:27 AM

4,676 posts, read 10,010,081 times
Doesn't matter what the seller's attorney agrees to, it's whether the sellers agree by accepting and signing!!

You have nothing except a piece of paper.

Where's the earnest money check?

Old 06-19-2012, 11:59 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,541,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebuyer5 View Post
We recently bid on a house and agreed to pay full asking price. We made some minor changes to the contact, which were all agreed to by the sellers attorney, signed the contract and then returned. It has been three weeks and the seller has still not signed. The seller is elderly andfrom what we understand, still wants to sell us the house, just not yet. We have no time frame on when they are going to sign the contract. The closing date was supposed to be in three more weeks. What can we do? Our mortgage rate lock is going to expire son Arghh! Thank you.

Give them 1 more week. If your Mtg is (Hypo) 3k per month, tell them you want $100 per day for every day the contracts are not signed.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:06 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,416,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Give them 1 more week. If your Mtg is (Hypo) 3k per month, tell them you want $100 per day for every day the contracts are not signed.
That post is from 2and a half years ago

Old 06-19-2012, 12:22 PM

236 posts, read 474,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstirr View Post
I am in the same situation as these people. Me and my family put an offer and signed the contract. Our attorney send the contract to the seller's attorney but,his answer is that the lady is sick and she did not come to sign the contract yet. Do i have to wait or walk away? It has been more then 2 weeks.I don't know which to trust?
Speaking from experience, all you can do is wait, unless you are in a fortunate position where you're able to walk away from the deal or at least threaten to.

For us, my fiancé and I signed a contract to buy in March, then were told in April that the sellers couldn't sign anytime soon because the house was caught up in all kinds of issues regarding deceased ex-husbands, second wives, wills, etc. It dragged on through the spring, and since we were getting married in August, our RE attorney pushed hard to get them to resolve their issues, but with very little success. When I asked him if we should float the idea that we will back out if it doesn't get resolved, he basically said that's fine, but then we still wouldn't have a place to live come August.

Long story short, after signing in March, we found out in mid-July that the contract was signed by the sellers, and the closing would be August 2 -- the morning after our wedding.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,541,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
That post is from 2and a half years ago
I'll never learn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: