Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 06:33 PM

12 posts, read 68,366 times

Advertisements

I LOVED Malibu in the early 80's. I remember seeing the Go-Go's there. At least I thought I remembered. Now I can't be sure it wasn't the Bangles. Anyone remember seeing either one of them there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 10,797 times
Something interesting about Matinecock Dairy Farm, I actually found (in a very, very old box of my toys) a grocery bag still completely intact from there. They sure don't make 'em like they used to! My mom was friends with the Mellish's (sp?) who owned the dairy and we visited in their home there on the property often. I am pretty certain they were members of my old church (Plainview United Methodist) which is now the Korean Methodist? I love going to the dairy and seeing the animals and the continual chicken incubator they had inside the front door )

Old 04-30-2008, 03:54 PM

2 posts, read 10,797 times
Who rode their bike to the 'candy store' (Russell Stovers)???

Old 04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 10 days ago)

8,825 posts, read 21,311,643 times
We kids in Setauket usd to ride our bikes to Gumbuses' candy store in the crossroads part of Setauket. You could buy a whole bag of candy for a quarter (silver quarters in those days) and an icy cold coke in a bottle for ten cents.

If only we could go back in time for just ten minutes..... wouldn't it be wonderful?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-30-2008, 06:51 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,161,856 times
I'm still working on that time machine to go back to the 64 World's Fair and will be glad to drop you off at Gumbuses' when I get it working.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:47 PM

58 posts, read 187,994 times
How about the Levittown Roller Rink and Jan's Ice Cream

Old 05-02-2008, 09:44 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,774,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtgeorge View Post
How about the Levittown Roller Rink and Jan's Ice Cream
Had my first kiss at the Levittown Roller Rink.

A funny memory of Levittown Roller Rink: It was run by an very conservative older man. We used to go there with our church youth group. One of my (male) friends had very long hair, as was in style at the time. Every week, the owner would say he couldn't come in and would have a huge argument with our pastor.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 10 days ago)

8,825 posts, read 21,311,643 times
Wouldn't that be wonderful, to go back and relive it all, clarkstreet , if only for an hour ? Remember the words of that song : These are the good old days ? (.... only we did not know it at the time ).

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-02-2008, 08:58 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,161,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Wouldn't that be wonderful, to go back and relive it all, clarkstreet , if only for an hour ? Remember the words of that song : These are the good old days ? (.... only we did not know it at the time ).
It would be fun, though I wouldn't trade today's dentistry for what we had back then. I have to think that one day, today will be the good old days for someone, maybe even me.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:37 PM

3 posts, read 24,502 times
Default Long Island night clubs

Long Island night clubs from the 60's:
Page 2
Leoni's of Long Beach with a great band-- The Last Word
and Famous club in Island Park-- forgot the name lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island