Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 01:56 PM

16 posts, read 127,230 times

Advertisements

Just bought a house in levittown and i noticed there is a community pool four blocks away. how and where do i get a permit to use it? how does it work? are family members who do not live with us allowed to go?

sorry for the questions. first time homeowner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 06:48 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Head to the pool and ask the person at the gate what you need to prove you're a resident. Chances are you'll need a utility bill and drivers license, but don't take my word for it -- ask them.

EONS ago, as a kid I learned to swim in the pool behind the Levittown Library. We used to have little bands with metal tags which we would wear on our wrists or ankles to get in.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:36 PM

16 posts, read 80,926 times
Default Pool pass in Levittown

Hi..you need to go to Levitown Hall building on Levittown parkway, with a utility bill, and some other sort of ID...liscense? Levittown has a a lot of pools, wished I lived there...great town!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:22 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Default For those who may not be familiar with Levittown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalind_75 View Post
Just bought a house in levittown ...

Mazel Tov!

For those who may not be familiar with Levittown:

Levittown is a hamlet (an unincorporated area) in the northeast part of the Town of Hempstead, in the southeast part of Nassau County, along the Hempstead/Oyster Bay town line.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Levittown in the Town of Hempstead is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of Hicksville and the Hamlet of Bethpage in the Town of Oyster Bay (the Hempstead/Oyster Bay Town line); on the east by the Hamlet of Plainedge and the Hamlet of North Massapequa in the Town of Oyster Bay (the Hempstead/Oyster Bay town line); on the south by the Hamlet of North Wantagh; and, on the west by the Hamlet of East Meadow and the Hamlet of Salisbury.

The Hamlet of Levittown has a different border than does the "Levittown, NY 11756" postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Levittown, NY 11756" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Levittown and a place can be in the Hamlet of Levittown and have other than a "Levittown, NY 11756" mailing address): places that have a "Levittown, NY 11756" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Levittown are in the Hamlet of Plainedge and the Hamlet of Salisbury; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Levittown that have a "Bethpage, NY 11714", "Wantagh, NY 11793" and "Seaford, NY 11783" mailing address.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html

Old 06-18-2009, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 23,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalind_75 View Post
Just bought a house in levittown and i noticed there is a community pool four blocks away. how and where do i get a permit to use it? how does it work? are family members who do not live with us allowed to go?

sorry for the questions. first time homeowner.
I use to work at those pools so I know all the rules. You can call Levittown Hall at 933-6400 to make sure the info is correct. You can go there (on Levittown Pkwy) to get a "pool tag". You need to bring a utility (not phone) or tax bill and another form of ID proving you are a resident. They will give you 1 tag for the home. Anyone can use your tag and/or you can bring in anyone you like. They have a great Learn to swim program for 6yrs and up. They also have "guppies" for 4 and 5 yr olds but it is sort of a waste of time. You have to call to check pool hours but in the old days, the one on Jerusalem Ave was open daily from 10a-10p, from father's day till labor day.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:33 AM

1 posts, read 23,245 times
actually you need to be the owner of an "original" levitt property... so if you own a levit house (no matter how modified) and can prove it and residence (with a utility bill) you get a free tag every year... one of the best deals in LI... GOD BLESS ABE LEVITT!!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:08 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isjonathan View Post
actually you need to be the owner of an "original" levitt property...

Actually, you need to own a house that is in the Joint Community Hall and Swimming Pool District (in the Town of Hempstead,this includes the entire Levittown Park District, while in the Town of Oyster Bay, this includes part of the Hicksville Park District).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island