Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2023, 05:06 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,410,313 times

Advertisements

LMFAO, why is anyone wasting time arguing with this dummy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2023, 05:07 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
I have gas. I bought the house like that. I'm all for banning natural gas products knowing what the consequences of having them are. I'll replace my technology at the end of its life.
As opposed to many here on this thread, I will support any efforts to curve climate change effects.
Those who are resisting the switch to electric will make it harder for me to be able to afford the replacement of the old tech for the new one.
Same with electric cars. I can't afford a tesla right now...
Who says you have to buy a Tesla Pepe? That’s like saying I can’t afford a new car because I can’t afford a Cadillac. Plenty of lower cost EVs out there, the leaf, the bolt. Again put your money where your mouth is polluter!

Old 01-14-2023, 05:12 PM

983 posts, read 725,909 times
https://twitter.com/SecGranholm/stat...tdx2AiiYA&s=19

Old 01-14-2023, 05:18 PM

https://twitter.com/SecGranholm/stat...7OKFg5Rbg&s=19

Old 01-14-2023, 05:20 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
LMFAO, why is anyone wasting time arguing with this dummy?
Your right he’s just trolling at this point lol

Old 01-14-2023, 05:38 PM

13,057 posts, read 18,133,701 times
[/quote] P.S. Not that it matters, but I am still trying to find an LED bulb that I can come close to liking for several rooms in my home. Every time a new one comes out I try it and nope, crappy light cast.

You sound very winny here.
Same as all of those who have a temper tantrum when someone tells them the party is over.[/quote]

Not really, I am trying different so called "new and improved" options but unfortunately, I hate cool white (it looks like a hospital to me) and the warm white is a little too yellowish for my liking in certain rooms. I have incandescents in the bath and kitchen. I have no choice but to accept that incandescent bulbs will no longer be readily available and I am trying as often as I see a new option.

Old 01-14-2023, 05:49 PM

P.S. Not that it matters, but I am still trying to find an LED bulb that I can come close to liking for several rooms in my home. Every time a new one comes out I try it and nope, crappy light cast.

You sound very winny here.
Same as all of those who have a temper tantrum when someone tells them the party is over.[/quote]

Not really, I am trying different so called "new and improved" options but unfortunately, I hate cool white (it looks like a hospital to me) and the warm white is a little too yellowish for my liking in certain rooms. I have incandescents in the bath and kitchen. I have no choice but to accept that incandescent bulbs will no longer be readily available and I am trying as often as I see a new option.[/quote]

Get 3000 kelvin or under.
Try to get bulbs that have a narrow beam for high hats or ceiling lighting.

But, I admit that there's nothing as nice as incandescent lights. I haven't used one in years though, since they consume 10x

Old 01-14-2023, 05:55 PM

544 posts, read 941,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
With no chargers in apartment houses for the most part , electric cars are few and far between here in queens for those in apartment houses .

I can only imagine long islanders trying to evacuate areas of Long Island in a hurricane in long lines of traffic with the electricity down or off and no where to charge
Great point

Old 01-14-2023, 06:09 PM

13,057 posts, read 18,133,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
Ok. So the last time you had a severe power outage was over 10 years ago, a 1 in a 100 year storm, and that's the reason you don't support the ban of toxic fumes and powerful GHG emissions that contribute to have a much worse place to live in for our children in the future?

These poor kids are screwed in so many ways that toxic fumes and emissions would be the least of their worries. They are all looking for the "free" and are accustomed to getting them from mommy and daddy and snowflakes have everything handed to them. They don't know how to work and don't want to either. The memorable quote from John Kennedy. "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" is answerable today by "what has the country done for me lately". This is a group of entitled children and they will have a very difficult time getting out of the hole they are in.

Old 01-14-2023, 09:14 PM

226 posts, read 129,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
[/b]

These poor kids are screwed in so many ways that toxic fumes and emissions would be the least of their worries. They are all looking for the "free" and are accustomed to getting them from mommy and daddy and snowflakes have everything handed to them. They don't know how to work and don't want to either. The memorable quote from John Kennedy. "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" is answerable today by "what has the country done for me lately". This is a group of entitled children and they will have a very difficult time getting out of the hole they are in.
As a reminder, your generation raised the "mommies and daddies" of today's kids. So if you're going to be pointing fingers, you might want to look in the mirror first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island