Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 06:01 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,929,380 times

Advertisements

The USA network show Royal Pains is about and filmed on LI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_...and_production

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD8kb11oCWE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2022, 08:11 PM

9 posts, read 4,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I believe that the scene in Goodfellas, where they show the childhood home of Karen that is supposed to be located in North Woodmere, was really filmed in the Five Towns. I'm sure some other person on CD can verify or correct me, if I'm wrong.
A lot of the story takes place on Long Island. Paul Vario lived in Island Park and Henry Hill lived in RVC. In the book he talks about working at a hotel in Long Beach. The scene where he's tweaking out over the helicopter and almost rear ends a car has a NCPD car in the background. Like you said Karen was from the 5 towns, though I don't know exactly where they filmed those scenes. The beach club scene was filmed at Catalina Beach Club in Atlantic Beach.

Old 12-15-2022, 07:39 AM

4,697 posts, read 8,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I believe that the scene in Goodfellas, where they show the childhood home of Karen that is supposed to be located in North Woodmere, was really filmed in the Five Towns. I'm sure some other person on CD can verify or correct me, if I'm wrong.
https://www.newsday.com/beta/long-is...rters-ea9axiqk

Apparently the filming location for the house that Karen lived in with her parents is actually located in New Rochelle.

And Henry and Karen's house from the end of the movie is located in Fort Lee, NJ.

Old 12-15-2022, 07:55 AM

1,531 posts, read 2,416,572 times
Wolf of Wall Street, Brookville CC

Old 12-15-2022, 09:43 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Wolf of Wall Street, Brookville CC
Nope actually that was shot upstate:

The ‘Brookville Country Club’, where he manages to reach his car after losing control of his limbs, is Willow Ridge Country Club, 123 North Street, about a mile east of the glitzy ‘Stratton Oakmont’ HQ in Harrison, New York State.

In fact most of the LI scenes (with the exception of a few) were shot either upstate or NJ.

Old 12-15-2022, 11:36 AM

551 posts, read 1,575,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
Do you know which scene?
Never saw the movie. But Northville Turnpike was closed a few times to film it. There is an old barn on the east side of the road that was converted into a gas station -- the vintage "Champion" advertisement painted on it for the set is still there.

Old 12-15-2022, 01:34 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,142,604 times
Not quite on topic, but one of my sons was in the AMC show Turn, which takes place in Setauket but is filmed in locations outside of Richmond. We just thought it was funny as Long Islanders to see our Southern born son pretending to be a Long Islander in the hills of VA.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:10 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Not quite on topic, but one of my sons was in the AMC show Turn, which takes place in Setauket but is filmed in locations outside of Richmond. We just thought it was funny as Long Islanders to see our Southern born son pretending to be a Long Islander in the hills of VA.
Very cool. Loved that show. VA was a decent stand in as they obviously couldn’t have shot it here.

Old 12-16-2022, 05:39 AM

544 posts, read 938,912 times
She Devil was filmed in Port Jefferson (Cliff Rd)

The Mildred Pierce HBO miniseries was partly filmed on Long Island. I was on set in both Island Park and Lloyd Harbor. They also filmed exteriors in Merrick Gables. Some residents had their homes spruced up by the production company to make them better resemble California during that era. https://www.liherald.com/stories/kat...-merrick,25701

Old 12-16-2022, 05:40 AM

544 posts, read 938,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Enjoyed TURN, but driving through town it is hard to imagine it laid out as it is in the series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island