Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 12:19 PM

3,336 posts, read 2,434,437 times

Advertisements

I will say it again. I will take leaf blowers any day of the week over any of the neighbors with the barking dogs or their playing there crappy blasting bass heavy music til 2 am when they have an outdoor party. That is the ultimate inconsiderate move. Why must we be subjected to your blasting music? Go rent out a hall. Ridiculous.

On the other hand, my neighbor would drive you crazy. He blows those leafs til every last one is gone. There could be one leaf and he will blow it all to the end of his property line. And then, he will leave the leaves at the neighbors house. Nice huh? But, give me the noise over the other noises I mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2022, 01:28 PM
exm

3,759 posts, read 1,828,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I will say it again. I will take leaf blowers any day of the week over any of the neighbors with the barking dogs or their playing there crappy blasting bass heavy music til 2 am when they have an outdoor party. That is the ultimate inconsiderate move. Why must we be subjected to your blasting music? Go rent out a hall. Ridiculous.

On the other hand, my neighbor would drive you crazy. He blows those leafs til every last one is gone. There could be one leaf and he will blow it all to the end of his property line. And then, he will leave the leaves at the neighbors house. Nice huh? But, give me the noise over the other noises I mentioned.

But but but but the environment! They'll throw this study at you where 30 minutes of leaf blowing is worse than a Ford F-150 driving 3,000 miles (or something).

Needless to say, leaf blowing technology has evolved. I happen to have a Stihl blower that 'features a powerful, low-emission engine and specially designed muffled blower tube so that it operates at a quiet 65 dB(A)'. But hey, let's not talk about those. We only talk about 20 year old leaf blowers.

Old 12-24-2022, 09:01 AM

I have no trees on my property but have a huge oak tree next door that fills my yard. I just rake them. I love the autumn and look at it as expertise on a crisp day. I have a leaf blower that I haven’t used in 10 years.

Old 12-25-2022, 08:19 AM

1,184 posts, read 728,991 times
no leaf blowers yesterday, thanks for the freezing temps

Old 01-14-2023, 10:11 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,569,850 times
Well, the gas stoves are next!
They must be too loud too!

Old 01-15-2023, 05:48 AM

412 posts, read 295,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Well, the gas stoves are next!
They must be too loud too!
The people complaining most about a potential gas stove ban are the ones who eat a microwaved hungry man dinner every night...not the people cooking gourmet meals on their commercial Wolf gas stove lol.

I don't support a ban. But the health effects are definitely concerning!

The leaf blowers impact the health of innocent bystanders. If people want to expose themselves to health risks in their own homes, let them.

Old 01-15-2023, 07:31 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,442,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
The people complaining most about a potential gas stove ban are the ones who eat a microwaved hungry man dinner every night...not the people cooking gourmet meals on their commercial Wolf gas stove lol.

I don't support a ban. But the health effects are definitely concerning!

The leaf blowers impact the health of innocent bystanders. If people want to expose themselves to health risks in their own homes, let them.
Its a health risk, if I wanna take INSIDE my own home, I should be able to. Gov't is getting way too intrusive.

Old 01-15-2023, 07:54 AM

8,076 posts, read 9,295,097 times
But the respiratory irritant byproducts of vapes, cigarette smoke and marijuana smoke are considered ok by the govt because they are getting big time revenue from the taxes on the products.

Maybe if we offer to pay a stove tax all of a sudden they will be considered perfectly harmless and maybe even used for a treatment by the govt?

Feeling anxious? Forget MJ, just stick your head in an oven. Recommended by the Surgeon General to cure you of your ills while Uncle Sam takes his share of your money lol.

Last edited by NSHL10; 01-15-2023 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 01-15-2023, 09:14 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,569,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
But the respiratory irritant byproducts of vapes, cigarette smoke and marijuana smoke are considered ok by the govt because they are getting big time revenue from the taxes on the products.

Maybe if we offer to pay a stove tax all of a sudden they will be considered perfectly harmless and maybe even used for a treatment by the govt?

Feeling anxious? Forget MJ, just stick your head in an oven. Recommended by the Surgeon General to cure you of your ills while Uncle Sam takes his share of your money lol.
Bam! Well said!

Old 01-16-2023, 11:31 AM

Man, I would have gladly taken a leaf blower from 11pm until 3 am Saturday night over the blasting music coming from inside a neighbors house. Bass thumping Spanish music that woke up my kids and myself. Then it got worse when it got way louder because one of the genius guests from the party decided to auto start their oversized trucks, which, of course, had a radio blasting louder then the house, and let it run for over 30 minutes. I’m sure the responsible person that he was was too inebriated to even remember that he started his car.

Bring on all machine powered motors. It is far more tolerant than ignorant, inconsiderate neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island