Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 08:53 AM

5 posts, read 4,106 times

Advertisements

People have a right to gather for whatever cause they want, but it is most definitely pathetic the way they are behaving. It seems as though the president has brought an increasingly smaller, but louder, group of supporters into a world of total conspiracy and falsehoods. Trump lost, and Biden will be the next president, end of story.

Don’t forget, Biden won Long Island… Trump lost significant ground in Nassau/Suffolk compared to 2016. Again, it’s a loud minority.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:34 AM

1,107 posts, read 553,422 times
So what???? Too many people on C-D spend so much time thinking about, commenting on and judging others for actions that have no impact on their lives whatsoever. These people are not hurting anyone, they're exercising their legal rights of expression and free speech... what's the big deal? It's not even worthy of discussion. Basically, what it comes down to is gossip.

As long as no one is getting hurt, why can't people learn to just live and let live and stop judging everyone who does or says something they don't understand or agree with?

FFS, don't folks have enough to worry about this year than to try to make a "thing" out of a handful of outspoken Trump loyalists? Or are your lives that empty that you seek out the most unimpactful observances just to have something to talk about? I really don't get it.

I wish that everyone would resolve to be more positive and seek out the good in their lives for 2021. Shake off all the negativity instead of trying to spread it. It would do so many people a world of good.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:44 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,892,142 times
/\ interesting. So weird we never heard from you the last 5 years while people with disabilities were being mocked or when everyone with a differing opinion was called terrible names. I didn’t hear one thing from you on how the POTUS was dividing the nation daily. So now we have to appease a few mentally ill that spread misinformation and believe in a alternate reality? Not likely gonna happen. I see these people further ruining there reputation and little else.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:02 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,827,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
So what???? Too many people on C-D spend so much time thinking about, commenting on and judging others for actions that have no impact on their lives whatsoever. These people are not hurting anyone, they're exercising their legal rights of expression and free speech... what's the big deal? It's not even worthy of discussion. Basically, what it comes down to is gossip.

As long as no one is getting hurt, why can't people learn to just live and let live and stop judging everyone who does or says something they don't understand or agree with?

FFS, don't folks have enough to worry about this year than to try to make a "thing" out of a handful of outspoken Trump loyalists? Or are your lives that empty that you seek out the most unimpactful observances just to have something to talk about? I really don't get it.

I wish that everyone would resolve to be more positive and seek out the good in their lives for 2021. Shake off all the negativity instead of trying to spread it. It would do so many people a world of good.
Yawn...sorry, idiotic things others do can have tremendous impact on our lives. Never before has that been as evident as now. People following a known liar, huckster and cheat off a cliff and acting magnanimous about it. Trying to preach positivity on here is silly at this point. If you don't like the arguments, maybe it's you who needs to turn the channel, or stop commenting with "can't we all just get along." Maybe find a more spiritual based forum. Never in history has it been made more clear that we CAN'T all just get along. There are only so many seats at the table. Sometimes you have to fight for one. Everybody kung fu fighting now for their perceived piece of the pie. Who are you to tell them not to?!

Last edited by monstermagnet; 12-29-2020 at 11:58 AM..

Old 12-29-2020, 12:53 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,777,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Mental illness. That is the reason they are still there. Same reason people flew flags on their home, cars and boats. Mostly to trigger da libs!!!

Also as another poster correctly stated, they are probably unemployed.
And you seem to be triggered by them daily lol! I’d say mission accomplished.

Old 12-29-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Yawn...sorry, idiotic things others do can have tremendous impact on our lives. Never before has that been as evident as now. People following a known liar, huckster and cheat off a cliff and acting magnanimous about it. Trying to preach positivity on here is silly at this point. If you don't like the arguments, maybe it's you who needs to turn the channel, or stop commenting with "can't we all just get along." Maybe find a more spiritual based forum. Never in history has it been made more clear that we CAN'T all just get along. There are only so many seats at the table. Sometimes you have to fight for one. Everybody kung fu fighting now for their perceived piece of the pie. Who are you to tell them not to?!
Interesting. You ask "who am I to tell" anyone not to do something, while in the very same post you tell me what I should "stop commenting with". Lack of self-awareness, or just plain proud hypocrit?

Fine with me if you want to spend your time worrying about a handful of folks standing around a parking lot. It seems so unproductive, fish-wifey, and not the most intellectual of pursuits, but you go ahead and watch them and criticize them for their idiotic behavior. It really exhibits how much better you are than them!

Old 12-29-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
/\ interesting. So weird we never heard from you the last 5 years while people with disabilities were being mocked or when everyone with a differing opinion was called terrible names. I didn’t hear one thing from you on how the POTUS was dividing the nation daily. So now we have to appease a few mentally ill that spread misinformation and believe in a alternate reality? Not likely gonna happen. I see these people further ruining there reputation and little else.
I've only been on C-D for 1-1/2 years. Hence why you hadn't heard from me the last 5 years. But I do disagree with where you are placing the blame for dividing this nation.

Appeasing the mentally ill, you say? That's what I was trying to do with my futile kumbaya post. For a moment, I forgot that TDS is a mental illness. Your obsession with these people at the train station may just be a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Carry on.

Old 12-29-2020, 02:53 PM

235 posts, read 248,348 times
Default Bellmore, not Belmore

Unless I am mistaken, a few years ago the Historical Society of the Bellmores disbanded. Their historical insight would help me unravel the slogan "Bellmore Patriots" held aloft for several weeks in the station parking lot as the rowdies shouted at King Kullen. It seems to me that the people of Bellmore and Smithville, before they earned those geographic names, were Loyalists, not Patriots. At the end of the Revolutionary War some of those those loyal to King George fled to Nova Scotia, and the winners, the Patriots, confiscated loyalist property. The Town of Hempstead was generally loyal to King George III, a loser.

Old 12-29-2020, 02:59 PM

45 posts, read 41,060 times
Whats the problem with people congregating and having good time in a perfectly safe and lawful manner?

I don't get it.

Old 12-29-2020, 03:08 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,894,290 times
Their supporters are honking, and it can startle another driver and send them careening into another vehicle flipping it end over end resting at the base of a telephone pole, which in turn collapses and entraps a family of 3 with a 2 year old in the rear. Firefighters and a life flight must then deploy risking more people's lives as they make their way to the scene. See, to put it simply, they're just evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island