Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 01:10 PM

17 posts, read 20,860 times

Advertisements

Hi... for town of north Hempstead ... we received a violation for tree removal and something else and when we called the inspector they said someone called about inside work you did... so I’m assuming we have to make that appointment and get permits... anyone got stuck in the situation about getting work done and then getting permits later? What was the process and fines etc? We knocked a wall or two inside ? Are they going to go rouge in our house? The guy said he didn’t want to fine us but wanted us to get everything permitted??? Any advice or help will be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 02:18 PM

99 posts, read 54,622 times
Get everything permitted, and thank for waiving the fines.

Old 09-11-2020, 03:40 PM

1,464 posts, read 756,714 times
I would wait for others information. I know people here have gone through it. Do you need permits for what was done inside ? Usually i wouldn’t let anyone in my house. That’s when you open the can of worms like having a finished basement that isn’t permitted. What’s the reason for the tree violation ? It didn’t fall down during this past crazy storm that knocked trees down every where ?

Old 09-11-2020, 04:44 PM

I removed a tree yrs ago cause it’s roots was interfering with the house but it was on my property... the basement is already permitted as finished but we re did the kitchen and bathrooms and knocked a wall... no extensions or anything ... they also gave me a violation for hvac which was there when we bought the house ...the inspector said we would have to make appointment with the town and get records...?

Old 09-11-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsyjag View Post
I removed a tree yrs ago cause it’s roots was interfering with the house but it was on my property... the basement is already permitted as finished but we re did the kitchen and bathrooms and knocked a wall... no extensions or anything ... they also gave me a violation for hvac which was there when we bought the house ...the inspector said we would have to make appointment with the town and get records...?
That’s the problem when you let them in. It turns into o and the hvac needs a permit then this needs a permit etc. trees in the front of your yard you need a permit to remove unless they fall. Town of north Hempstead is the worse according to this board. Hopefully someone else can give you advice.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:45 PM

The thing is I didn’t let them in yet... violations were all exterior things and then when we called them they said the “rat” said you did work inside , didn’t even talk about the actual violations and that we had to make an appointment to set up a meeting?!

Old 09-11-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsyjag View Post
The thing is I didn’t let them in yet... violations were all exterior things and then when we called them they said the “rat” said you did work inside , didn’t even talk about the actual violations and that we had to make an appointment to set up a meeting?!
I understand you did not let them in. That’s a possibility when you let them in. Can you fix the hcav issue (idk what the violation is) and rectify the tree issue from the outside. If that’s the case I would respectfully Decline anyone coming into your home without a warrant or legal justification. You have a perfect excuse right now ... covid. That can cause him to be pissed and just fine you for the hcav and the tree.

Did you admit you took the tree down? The tree like I said could have fell this past storm the way it was.

And yes I did work inside my house. I painted the walls. What’s the reason you have to come in sir/ma’am ?

Maybe call an expeditor and see if they can give you advice.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:58 PM

Good points . I def thought about the covid aspect. Thanks for your input!

Old 09-11-2020, 07:34 PM

22,666 posts, read 36,775,030 times
I wouldn’t let them in - that’s crazy. Tell them their rat can shove it.
Trees on your property? Usually if they were dead diseased or causing a hazzard you do not need a permit - or if they are a certain size. Just say the tree has been gone for years and it was dying so it had to come down.
But you ought to wonder who you’ve pissed off and why.

Old 09-11-2020, 07:38 PM

Would u think that would give them more ammunition to act further. I heard if you didn’t let them in , they fine you and summon u?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: