Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 04:04 PM

6,401 posts, read 13,263,711 times

Advertisements

Lol. Great post!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
The virus is going to be a genius soon. It just keeps getting smarter everyday, especially here in NY. It knows that if it's in a mall in NYC, it can infect people easily, but if those same people walk 100 yards into Nassau County, the virus won't infect anyone at Green Acres Mall. It will infect diners inside a restaurant on Jericho Tpke in Queens, but go across the street into Nassau County its a virus free zone. Bowling alleys are deadly across the whole of NY state, but bowling in NJ and CT the virus will not infect you. Gyms are deadly in Port Chester, NY but 2 miles down the road, all is clear in Greenwich, CT. Amusement parks will kill you in NY as well as water parks, but have fun at Great Adventure in NJ and Great Wolf in PA. There are no bounds to how this virus keeps learning and fine tuning its contagious area. Just freaking amazing.....

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!!! YOU ARE BEING PLAYED!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 05:22 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,208,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
O’rly? I must have missed that. You must hate liars!
Short memory? You forgot the entire BS about don’t wear a mask, or his other less than clear statements.

I’m not a Fauci hater but he established that what he says can not be taken at face value.

Last edited by ClarkStreetKid; 08-06-2020 at 05:32 PM..

Old 08-06-2020, 05:58 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,910,488 times
/\ c’mon bro. There is no need to be this way. We can all get along. I know, we are all getting older. Everything is gonna be alright!!

https://youtu.be/GfbH3oko9SA

If you don’t take his word but, believe all the conspiracies then so be it.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:09 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,576,079 times
Quote:
Fauci is the man!! Only a mentally ill sociopath would talk bad about a man that has dedicated his entire life to help his country and the world.
Do as I say, not as I do doctor?

Last edited by Spanky25; 08-06-2020 at 06:52 PM..

Old 08-07-2020, 05:59 AM

99 posts, read 56,237 times
Masks don't work. Cuomo thinks masks are "Cool" so we will keep being required to wear them for the foreseeable future. Some anecdotal evidence is provided below.

1) California has had a mask mandate since June 18th. On that day, there were 3,803 new COVID cases. July was their worst month yet. About one month later, the "peak" (thus far) was on July 22nd at 12,137 new cases.

2) Minnesota required masks on July 25th. On that day, there were 862 new COVID cases. Almost two weeks later on August 6th they saw the same number of new cases (861).

3) Japan which has been used by the radical left as a case-study in masking efficacy has seen their highest COVID case numbers from July 1st through today.

I could also cite several medical journals which prove cloth/surgical masks are not effective at stopping coronavirus transmission.

MASKS DON'T WORK!

Old 08-07-2020, 06:33 AM

3,600 posts, read 5,834,914 times
The virus is going to be a genius soon. It just keeps getting smarter everyday, especially here in NY. It knows that if it's in a mall in NYC, it can infect people easily, but if those same people walk 100 yards into Nassau County, the virus won't infect anyone at Green Acres Mall. It will infect diners inside a restaurant on Jericho Tpke in Queens, but go across the street into Nassau County its a virus free zone. Bowling alleys are deadly across the whole of NY state, but bowling in NJ and CT the virus will not infect you. Gyms are deadly in Port Chester, NY but 2 miles down the road, all is clear in Greenwich, CT. Amusement parks will kill you in NY as well as water parks, but have fun at Great Adventure in NJ and Great Wolf in PA. There are no bounds to how this virus keeps learning and fine tuning its contagious area. Just freaking amazing.....

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!!! YOU ARE BEING PLAYED!

Old 08-07-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Once you've chosen to include such nonsensical terms like "self-righteousness" and "virtue signaling" into your argument it is quite clear where your motivation lies. Removing COVID-19 from the world is not logical, as your Fauci quote above indicates, and is absolutely based on nothing I've stated, but rather a figment of your imagination or your flexibility with facts. That does not mean we cannot do a much better job of slowing its spread through common sense measures based on a century of infection control science that are only a burden to the self absorbed.

And you didn't say you've shrugged off anything but that has been ever so clear from your postings. Even the current death rate of over 2,000 a day in the US alone.
But you are self-righteous and you are virtue signaling, and you must have a nice collection of tin foil hats regarding remarks about my motivations. You really don’t see that most of your posts are about you?

Your ideas of common sense measures differ from mine, and that’s fine. I never believed that C-19 could be stopped, and that seems to have been proven a lucky guess on my part or just doing some research and using logic (part of my day job). If you can’t get rid of something then you learn to live with it until you can get rid of it. I’ve learned to live with it and have gotten on with my life. You focus on death counts, I don’t, I include them in my decision making but don’t make them the final determination of what I’m going to do or how I’m going to live.

So neither you or I are going to change the minds of the masked locked aways or the anti-maskers, and I’m fine with that. Have a nice day, I have to hit the gym before going into my office today for a client meeting(yay!) and then tonight it’s dinner and adult beverages out.
I hope your Friday is as good as mine.

Old 08-07-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
/\ c’mon bro. There is no need to be this way. We can all get along. I know, we are all getting older. Everything is gonna be alright!!

https://youtu.be/GfbH3oko9SA

If you don’t take his word but, believe all the conspiracies then so be it.
The funny part is that nothing has changed with this virus. Most of what we know now we knew in January. We knew by February who was most at risk, we knew that it wasn’t fatal to the vast majority of people, almost every thing else was half backed research and speculation being reported by the news.

And yes, I not only believe the conspiracies I am as a member of the Illuminati a major part of them.

Old 08-07-2020, 05:47 PM

11,023 posts, read 7,969,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerBroker View Post
Masks don't work. Cuomo thinks masks are "Cool" so we will keep being required to wear them for the foreseeable future. Some anecdotal evidence is provided below.

1) California has had a mask mandate since June 18th. On that day, there were 3,803 new COVID cases. July was their worst month yet. About one month later, the "peak" (thus far) was on July 22nd at 12,137 new cases.

2) Minnesota required masks on July 25th. On that day, there were 862 new COVID cases. Almost two weeks later on August 6th they saw the same number of new cases (861).

3) Japan which has been used by the radical left as a case-study in masking efficacy has seen their highest COVID case numbers from July 1st through today.

I could also cite several medical journals which prove cloth/surgical masks are not effective at stopping coronavirus transmission.

MASKS DON'T WORK!
The purpose of your post here is exposed by the highlighted items - you wish to make a political statement using a public health crisis. You begin and end with the denial of a century of proven infection control science.

While acknowledging that the statistics you pose are simply anecdotes that may imply correlation, they are not in any way evidence of causation. When you claim that you "could" cite actual medical studies to prove your point, you don't.

Old 08-07-2020, 05:53 PM

11,023 posts, read 7,969,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
But you are self-righteous and you are virtue signaling, and you must have a nice collection of tin foil hats regarding remarks about my motivations. You really don’t see that most of your posts are about you?

Your ideas of common sense measures differ from mine, and that’s fine. I never believed that C-19 could be stopped, and that seems to have been proven a lucky guess on my part or just doing some research and using logic (part of my day job). If you can’t get rid of something then you learn to live with it until you can get rid of it. I’ve learned to live with it and have gotten on with my life. You focus on death counts, I don’t, I include them in my decision making but don’t make them the final determination of what I’m going to do or how I’m going to live.

So neither you or I are going to change the minds of the masked locked aways or the anti-maskers, and I’m fine with that. Have a nice day, I have to hit the gym before going into my office today for a client meeting(yay!) and then tonight it’s dinner and adult beverages out.
I hope your Friday is as good as mine.
My posts are about scientific fact, not about me and not about lame politically inspired slogans. The fact for today is that more people in the United States died from COVID-19 than from heart disease or cancer. Current scientific projections are that by December first 300,000 Americans will have succumbed to the virus. An estimated 70,000 may have been saved by earlier and more complete mask wearing and distancing.

Raise a glass of adult beverage to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island