Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 12:15 AM

3,921 posts, read 9,133,578 times

Advertisements

The n20G runs west from the Great Neck station (towards Flushing) down Northern Blvd, and the n20H/n21/n25/n26 runs east from the Great Neck station down Northern Blvd towards Thomaston & Spinney Hill (the n25/26 turns onto Community Drive to head towards Lynbrook & Jamaica, and the n20H/21 continue down Northern Blvd towards Hicksville & Glen Cove).

The n58 runs north down Middle Neck Road, and the n57 does a loop down Bayview Avenue (Great Neck Estates) and Station Road (Great Neck Gardens/Kensington).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 06:21 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,542,542 times
The ugly truth of living in the North Shore is that people will look at you funny if you are waiting at the bus stop. When my parents moved us to Great Neck from Queens many decades ago, I always wondered why no one walks around the streets. Even now in East Hills/Roslyn where I live, the only people you see walking the streets or waiting for a bus are the nanny or maid. The only exception are asians, they don't seem to care about walking around or even waiting for the N20 to go to Flushing... but I assume its because they just moved from Queens. Typical snooty North Shore resident would not be caught dead waiting for the bus or walking around (instead of driving in their luxury euro vehicle) unless they are jogging or walking the dog.

Last edited by 85dumbo; 04-06-2018 at 06:33 AM..

Old 04-06-2018, 06:31 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,263,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
The ugly truth of living in the North Shore is that people will look at you funny if you are waiting at the bus stop. When my parents moved us to Great Neck from Queens many decades ago, I always wondered why no one walks around the streets. Even now in East Hills/Roslyn where I live now, the only people you see walking the streets or waiting for a bus are the nanny or maid. The only exception are asians, they don't seem to care about walking around or even waiting for the N20 to go to Flushing... but I assume its because they just moved from Queens.
Hence the “station car”, a higher mileage used BMW or Mercedes, or if you’re less snooty, maybe a 5 year old Lincoln Navigator.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:33 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,263,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apples2oranges View Post
That’s a good idea but when we make the move, with a 3 old and 1 year old, that may be kind of hard for the nanny (getting everyone into the car early and then juggling pre school for the 3 year old). I’m on my own and need to find a solution. Is walking not practical?
For many of us who have done the same thing sans nanny I think you can ask. At least on days with bad weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island