Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 07:49 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,855,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
I just read it for the centerfold.
Fräulein des Monats, ja?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 07:52 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,855,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I once had a conversation with Carl Bernstein who said Newsday was the best tabloid format paper out there. I wonder what he’d say now.
My eighth grade English teacher (1977-78) would say that Newsday was a fine paper -- for lining bird cages and wrapping fish. I'd love to hear his opinion today!

Old 03-09-2018, 12:18 PM

1,866 posts, read 1,671,205 times
Who is reading these papers with such obvious biases of any type? (Unless it's for confirmation bias?) The major paper in my area, after moving from LI almost 5 years ago, is the Charlotte Observer. It might be even worse; there is not even the veneer of objectivity anymore. I don't mind looking at and considering all sides of an issue, event, etc. - I would think that most reasonable people are the same way; at least present some objectivity and balance in "reporting", otherwise call the entire paper (or broadcast): "Editorial Opinion" or "Advertainment".

Old 03-10-2018, 09:34 AM

854 posts, read 1,451,205 times
As an alternative to reading newspapers, all of you crybabies can just subscribe to Trump's Twitter account and listen to the "unbiased" truth you crave. BUT please stop reading mainstream newspapers and complaining that they don't reflect your distorted view of reality. It's tiring. Wah-wah-wah!

Old 03-10-2018, 09:47 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,810,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
As an alternative to reading newspapers, all of you crybabies can just subscribe to Trump's Twitter account and listen to the "unbiased" truth you crave. BUT please stop reading mainstream newspapers and complaining that they don't reflect your distorted view of reality. It's tiring. Wah-wah-wah!
I'd rep you over and over if I could.

Wah-wah! he wails in his highchair.

"No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly." Apparently worse than Gandhi and the murdered Kennedys.

Newsday bashers should join the big self pity party with Trump and the rest of his followers.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:29 AM

5,178 posts, read 4,036,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
I'd rep you over and over if I could.

Wah-wah! he wails in his highchair.

"No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly." Apparently worse than Gandhi and the murdered Kennedys.

Newsday bashers should join the big self pity party with Trump and the rest of his followers.

I don't think the assassinations of Gandhi and the Kennedy's have anything to do with the wildly biased reporting regarding Trump. (One suspects Trump is not suggesting he has been murdered but is clearly suggesting he is a target of unprecedented and wildly biased reporting...by the purportedly neutral press. It is inarguable the mainstream press fully supported Hillary and confidently and gleefully predicted a relatively easy Hillary win. The tantrum continues.)

Old 03-12-2018, 06:22 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,903,028 times
Can you imagine how butthurt Trump and his disciples would be if they accused him of being a foreigner and of a different faith... for years. A real man would just shrug it off.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:37 AM

5,564 posts, read 7,174,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Newsday used to have Jimmy Breslin, Pete Hamill and Harriet Van Horne as regular columnists,
to name a few . The entire paper was so much more well-written .
You forgot the most important: Ann Landers

Old 03-13-2018, 07:09 PM

854 posts, read 1,451,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Trump is not suggesting he has been murdered but is clearly suggesting he is a target of unprecedented and wildly biased reporting...by the purportedly neutral press.
You do understand that EVERY TIME Trump doesn't like the truth he just cries "fake news."
And his doing so doesn't make the truth fake.

You, and the rest of the die-hard Trumpfront, need to think critically and not allow your partisan allegiance to Trump to betray our great nation.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:32 PM

20,319 posts, read 21,171,209 times
The media is biased. Fact.
It's either right or left agenda driven.
That's just how it is now.
It's all fake news. All of it.
I have no idea what's going on anymore and my life is much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: