Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 02:29 PM

16 posts, read 69,386 times

Advertisements

I hope you are NOT showing illegal rentals, you could get fined......and it's illegal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 02:35 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVEAWAYFAST!!! View Post
I hope you are NOT showing illegal rentals, you could get fined......and it's illegal
I know that you are new to this board, so you probably have not read the many many posts where I have talked about how much I am against illegal rentals. I think many long time members will attest to that. They all also know that I am very in favor of legal affordable housing options for Long Islanders. And, finally, very against posters who appear to be broadly judgemental of others.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:55 PM

16 posts, read 69,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
I know that you are new to this board, so you probably have not read the many many posts where I have talked about how much I am against illegal rentals. I think many long time members will attest to that. They all also know that I am very in favor of legal affordable housing options for Long Islanders. And, finally, very against posters who appear to be broadly judgemental of others.
Yes I am new and I did not mean to come off nasty, I will think before I reply next time

But there are a lot of options out there and places to go for people who need affordable housing.....if they need it, I hope they get it

Old 03-22-2008, 04:05 PM

5 posts, read 18,478 times
"Never say never." We think we have it all figured out, and then something beyond our wildest imagination happens to change everything. I was NEVER going to get divorced; I was NEVER going to preach in a church; I was NEVER going to speak Spanish; I was NEVER going to live outside of my hometown in Ohio.

Well, I'm divorced (but happily remarried).
I have preached in several churches.
I'm now fluent in Spanish.
And I live in Mexico.

So much for my plans. There's a saying that I like: When you want to hear God laugh, tell him/her your plans.

By the time your kids are old enough to be out on their own, some drastic change could come along and force them to live in "affordable housing." And you might be right there with them.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:09 PM

99 posts, read 729,892 times
Quote:
MEXDAVET

I DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT YOU THINK, GO PREACH TO SOMEONE ELSE

YOU DON'T KNOW MY SITUATION, OR WHAT I HAVE......IF YOU QUALIFY FOR "AFFORDABLE HOUSING" GO FOR IT.

YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO MY POST IS NOT WELCOME.........SO GO AWAY
Are your kind of posts welcome on this board....dont think so...so instead of adding to this thread i think ill just avoid it.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:15 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,931,947 times
Quote:
No, I don't think so

They will be VERY well off,,,,,,,why because as a parent I worked hard enough to make it easier for them.

So no, my children will NEVER need affordable housing
wow, I was going to offer advice but that last comment just blew me away. Stick your head back in the sand & then you won't be able to hear the loud music.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:50 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
As to the illegal apartment you can contact the Town of Islip's Code Enforcement Division at the # in KB's post. Be advised though, they are a very small agency with very limited authority so it could take awhile before they actually show up. I think they only have about dozen officers in the whole division.

Town of Islip (broken link)
They said to contact the Town of Islip Public Safety Department (who have actual law enforcement status, carry guns, can arrest people, etc) on the weekends and after hours.

Check the link for more info.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:28 PM

153 posts, read 380,602 times
Quote:
No, I don't think so

They will be VERY well off,,,,,,,why because as a parent I worked hard enough to make it easier for them.

I'm speechless...

No wonder your neighbors duck inside when they see you.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:45 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,116 times
Are you sure it's West Islip? I find it hard to believe that what you're going through is in West Islip. I would contact the authorities and also attempt to locate the owner of the home to report what is going on there. Good Luck

Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
No, I don't think so

Ok and where are they going to get the $$ from? Are you going to fork over a bunch of $$ to tour kids when they get older? Even if you have a pretty decent job its hard to afford your own house on Long Island when you are in your mid 20;s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island