Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 09:01 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,768,188 times

Advertisements

I don't know if it's allowed to mention the name of this hotel and catering hall, so I'll wait until a mod says yes or no. We just wanted a local getaway for something to do in wintertime, and for one of our birthdays. It's a fancy wedding venue, catering hall, with a mall of shops attached to it, and a fantastically beautiful hotel in the style of an old southern estate. As wonderful as that sounds, that is how bad the mattress and the management was. This is an off season for them, there was hardly anyone there, so I understand the struggle of a business. However, there is no excuse for a mattress so badly worn that we were very uncomfortable on, and I wound up with hip pains I've never head in my life. The mattress springs felt like slinkys. I take a sleep aid, so transferring to another room was not possible. I hardly slept and management was inept at any kind of meaningful resolution. They didn't respond to my message at first, and later apologized for having the wrong number. Sure. They offered ONE voucher for their vaunted brunch, I said there were two of us. They said only one person was on the reservation, I proved them wrong by faxing a printout of the online reservation. They said people loved the mattress in that room so much that they asked the name of it. I should have suggested that they probably got it out of a Montgomery Ward catalog, 100 years ago. The windows don't open, and the room smelled like a full vacuum bag. The window was full of little hand prints and smudges. The rest of the room was pretty clean. The elevator was dirty, muck on the floor and sloppily wiped walls and was the same the next morning, and probably still is, considering that the housekeeping staff probably just walked over the border yesterday, and never cleaned anything in their lives until they got to the hotel. It's a wannabe high end wedding venue, but due to lousy hotel management, it's a struggling waste of investor's money. I'd have been better off if I slept on the floor. Did I mention the TV cabinet was falling apart? Silly things, that should never be at a beautiful hotel. And their response was to try to bulls**t me and try to buy me off with one meal. Considering that hardly anyone is staying there, I should be given a suite (one with a mattress made sometime in this century) for a whole weekend, meals included. Keep the one meal, and suffer in your gross incompetence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 09:10 AM

20,214 posts, read 20,990,692 times
East Wind?

Old 03-11-2017, 09:27 AM

I don't want this deleted, so I won't say yes or no until I know it's permitted.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:56 AM

Ok, is the place named after a direction and force of nature?

Old 03-11-2017, 12:44 PM

13,065 posts, read 18,190,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
I don't know if it's allowed to mention the name of this hotel and catering hall, so I'll wait until a mod says yes or no. We just wanted a local getaway for something to do in wintertime, and for one of our birthdays. It's a fancy wedding venue, catering hall, with a mall of shops attached to it, and a fantastically beautiful hotel in the style of an old southern estate. As wonderful as that sounds, that is how bad the mattress and the management was. This is an off season for them, there was hardly anyone there, so I understand the struggle of a business. However, there is no excuse for a mattress so badly worn that we were very uncomfortable on, and I wound up with hip pains I've never head in my life. The mattress springs felt like slinkys. I take a sleep aid, so transferring to another room was not possible. I hardly slept and management was inept at any kind of meaningful resolution. They didn't respond to my message at first, and later apologized for having the wrong number. Sure. They offered ONE voucher for their vaunted brunch, I said there were two of us. They said only one person was on the reservation, I proved them wrong by faxing a printout of the online reservation. They said people loved the mattress in that room so much that they asked the name of it. I should have suggested that they probably got it out of a Montgomery Ward catalog, 100 years ago. The windows don't open, and the room smelled like a full vacuum bag. The window was full of little hand prints and smudges. The rest of the room was pretty clean. The elevator was dirty, muck on the floor and sloppily wiped walls and was the same the next morning, and probably still is, considering that the housekeeping staff probably just walked over the border yesterday, and never cleaned anything in their lives until they got to the hotel. It's a wannabe high end wedding venue, but due to lousy hotel management, it's a struggling waste of investor's money. I'd have been better off if I slept on the floor. Did I mention the TV cabinet was falling apart? Silly things, that should never be at a beautiful hotel. And their response was to try to bulls**t me and try to buy me off with one meal. Considering that hardly anyone is staying there, I should be given a suite (one with a mattress made sometime in this century) for a whole weekend, meals included. Keep the one meal, and suffer in your gross incompetence.
And your purpose in posting is as a public service, I assume? If it was as bad as you indicate, no amount of $ could entice me to spend another day there.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:11 PM

22,702 posts, read 36,900,232 times
go to trip advisor and write about them to your heart's content - that's what it's there for.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:28 PM

Just did.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:45 PM

Paragraphs my friend...paragraphs.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:03 AM

Someone just contacted me from one of my craigslist rants and raves postings about this horribly managed hotel. They said I had no right to say what I did. What I wrote was the absolute truth, no exaggeration whatsoever. They signed it with the words "F**K You". The truth hurts, apparently. Gross incompetence abounds at this hotel.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:13 AM

13,065 posts, read 18,190,734 times
Once again, I will say, when you write things like the OP did, it always pays to couch those statements in the following, "in my opinion". While, you have degree of anonymity on CD, you are still not immune from prosecution for statements that may or may not be true. I have another blog that I participate on, and any time we write about something that may be in the vein your original post is, either positive or negative, we have to include the above words or something similar to that to avoid any chance of reprisal. While the OP carefully did not name the place, I am simply offering this as a suggestion for the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island