Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 12:27 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,331,683 times

Advertisements

Where is your office located?

I would NOT recommend as a single guy Hauppauge, Nesconset, Lake Grove or Commack. Smithtown is also generally a "no" except for a small stretch along or near Main St.

Very little night life and you have to drive everywhere. Huntington is probably your best bet on the North Shore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 01:54 PM

9,934 posts, read 23,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Where is your office located?

I would NOT recommend as a single guy Hauppauge, Nesconset, Lake Grove or Commack. Smithtown is also generally a "no" except for a small stretch along or near Main St.

Very little night life and you have to drive everywhere. Huntington is probably your best bet on the North Shore.

Couldn't have said it better!

Old 03-10-2017, 04:25 PM

27 posts, read 26,853 times
I had an opportunity to look at Huntington, I liked what I saw. I will be taking a trip out to Patchogue next week to evaluate the quality of options. Does anyone have a suggestion on a specific broker to meet in the Patchogue area? Additionally, Does anyone have a specific building that they recommend in the Patchogue region?

Old 04-25-2017, 03:20 PM

27 posts, read 26,853 times
Hey Guys,

I have decided to Live in Long Beach... I know it's in Nassau.

After an EXHAUSTIVE EFFORT I can't find what I am looking for in Suffolk County. Huntington and Patchogue did not fit the bill.

I am willing to make a longer commute to avoid living in Patchogue or Huntington.

A few respondents to this thread recommended the West End in Long Beach. I liked what I saw on the west end, but the Luxury buildings appear to be on the East End or in the Center of the island on the Board Walk will this be a problem for accessing the west end night life?

Is there anything I should look out for while I search?

Does anyone have a specific Building to recommend?

Should I Be as close to the West End as possible?

Does anyone know a great broker?

What are your opinions on condo sale values in this area in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years? Will they rise or Fall? What is your reasoning behind your response?

Thank you all for the engaging discussion and recommendations thus far, you are making my search much easier ! ! !

Old 04-25-2017, 03:25 PM

20,313 posts, read 21,064,739 times
Pray there are no more hurricanes.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:04 PM

379 posts, read 256,283 times
Babylon.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:48 PM

230 posts, read 260,798 times
that ladies and gentlemen ...is straight privilege ....DAMN

Old 04-26-2017, 01:25 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,920,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
that ladies and gentlemen ...is straight privilege ....DAMN
True....Not even Huntington will quite do for his royal highness lol

Old 04-26-2017, 04:23 PM

3 posts, read 2,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC 2016 View Post
Hey Guys,

I have decided to Live in Long Beach... I know it's in Nassau.

After an EXHAUSTIVE EFFORT I can't find what I am looking for in Suffolk County. Huntington and Patchogue did not fit the bill.

I am willing to make a longer commute to avoid living in Patchogue or Huntington.

A few respondents to this thread recommended the West End in Long Beach. I liked what I saw on the west end, but the Luxury buildings appear to be on the East End or in the Center of the island on the Board Walk will this be a problem for accessing the west end night life?

Is there anything I should look out for while I search?

Does anyone have a specific Building to recommend?

Should I Be as close to the West End as possible?

Does anyone know a great broker?

What are your opinions on condo sale values in this area in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years? Will they rise or Fall? What is your reasoning behind your response?

Thank you all for the engaging discussion and recommendations thus far, you are making my search much easier ! ! !
Why dont you want to live there and esprcially in huntington and you want to live in nassau county insted?

Old 04-26-2017, 04:58 PM

1,540 posts, read 2,437,986 times
My son lived in Long Beach and worked in Holbrook. Straight out the Ocean Parkway. Peaceful ride, no traffic. Home run scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island