Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 11:54 AM

37 posts, read 54,849 times

Advertisements

Hello forum members. I need help for a project. I am a real estate agent working in our area and I need to develop a new relationship with a contractor.

I am currently marketing a unique property in Holtsville. In an effort to better serve my client I would like to have a simple and basic rendering / floor plan drawn up for the top floor. I would market the company with the information provided.

Here is where you come in. If you know are a contractor or know a contractor who does quality work I would greatly appreciate if you could pass along their contact information to me in a PM.

This is the first time I have come across something like this and a recommended contractor from users of city-data would go a long way to help me.

Thanks and "B-well"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 02:42 PM

18 posts, read 26,282 times
Default In need of a good contractor

Hello All,

I had a new bathroom put in roughly 1.5 years ago. Since this was done, it has been nothing but a problem. The bathroom has leaked every time. We had the pan redone, still leaks. I need a reputable contractor who can actually fix the issue. I have tried searching on many websites for reviews and recommendations but anyone I have tried has not been as good as suggested by their reviews and I feel I might be better off with a recommendation than trying random contractors. I am located in nassau county.

Any and all help is much appreciated as I just want this bathroom fixed and water tight.

Thank you!

Old 01-29-2015, 09:10 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,174,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwell9 View Post
Hello forum members. I need help for a project. I am a real estate agent working in our area and I need to develop a new relationship with a contractor.

I am currently marketing a unique property in Holtsville. In an effort to better serve my client I would like to have a simple and basic rendering / floor plan drawn up for the top floor. I would market the company with the information provided.

Here is where you come in. If you know are a contractor or know a contractor who does quality work I would greatly appreciate if you could pass along their contact information to me in a PM.

This is the first time I have come across something like this and a recommended contractor from users of city-data would go a long way to help me.

Thanks and "B-well"
I'll gladly provide you with some referrals for people who can help you with floorplans; however, they're not contractors.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:55 AM

12 posts, read 16,502 times
I used Pro Quality Home Improvements in the past. I didn't use them for a floor plan, but I was very happy with their work. View their website here.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:45 AM

37 posts, read 54,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
I'll gladly provide you with some referrals for people who can help you with floorplans; however, they're not contractors.
Elke, I need to be a contractor because I also need an estimate for the work. I would like to add a marketing level to this property with a 203k loan, where the change in floor plan would make the house a little more salable.... basically there needs to be a wall to separate the master bedroom and the master bathroom, right now it is a little too "intimate".

Thank you for the offer and please send me the information for someone who can do a floor plan for any of my other properties.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:43 PM

201 posts, read 333,458 times
Quote:

Thanks and "B-well"
Hit up LI Design I hear he's looking for work.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:16 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,174,546 times
Quote:
Elke, I need to be a contractor because I also need an estimate for the work. I would like to add a marketing level to this property with a 203k loan, where the change in floor plan would make the house a little more salable.... basically there needs to be a wall to separate the master bedroom and the master bathroom, right now it is a little too "intimate".

Thank you for the offer and please send me the information for someone who can do a floor plan for any of my other properties.

Floorplanonline.com has local photographers who will do the job for you; Eileen Small is one of them. Many Realtors use them.

Just curious, how long have you been in the business?

Old 01-31-2015, 07:13 PM

186 posts, read 244,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backdown00 View Post
Hello All,

I had a new bathroom put in roughly 1.5 years ago. Since this was done, it has been nothing but a problem. The bathroom has leaked every time. We had the pan redone, still leaks. I need a reputable contractor who can actually fix the issue. I have tried searching on many websites for reviews and recommendations but anyone I have tried has not been as good as suggested by their reviews and I feel I might be better off with a recommendation than trying random contractors. I am located in nassau county.

Any and all help is much appreciated as I just want this bathroom fixed and water tight.

Thank you!

This is not uncommon. (leaking shower pan and walls).

Most contractors are not knowledgeable when it comes to proper waterproofing.

If done incorrectly there's little you can do except rip out the pan and have it redone.

I'm assuming this is a tiled shower floor (even prefabs will leak if not prepared properly at the wall/pan transition)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island