Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 01:37 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMom77 View Post
If you want a concrete backyard. No thanks...
LOL Actually I do if I could get rid of grass and pave my whole yard I would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 01:38 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
The OP probably means Whitestone, Malba, the northern sections of Bayside, Little Neck, Douglaston/Douglaston Manor, Glen Oaks, and the like. We might think of it as "coastal Queens" (i.e., abutting or nearly abutting Long Island Sound).

Her zip code reported in her profile (11361) is the following from Google Maps:

The 11360 is nicer.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:41 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shera11375 View Post
Flushing is basically an extension of China
Nice.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:47 PM

852 posts, read 969,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shera11375 View Post
Flushing is basically an extension of China
I fell asleep on the #7 IRT once...woke up at Main St. -Thought somebody had hijacked the train to Shanghai! Felt good when I got back to Astoria, where all the signs are in Greek instead of Chinese!

[Actually, I'll trade the Greeks for the Chinese any day!]

Old 12-10-2014, 05:56 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,416,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The 11360 is nicer.
The 11360 zip code, for those who don't know, would be the following mapped area (see the attached thumbnail below). Contrast that thumbnail image with the 11361 map I posted in the earlier posting in this thread.
NOTE: I tried to post the actual Google Maps image in a more full-sized visible format like my previous map posting for zip code 11361 but it wouldn't let me after multiple attempts (all I could do was upload a thumbnail of the 11360 map from Google Maps).
11360 represents the Bay Terrace area of greater Bayside (closer to Long Island Sound). Whereas zip code 11361`represents more the heart of the Bayside neighborhood lying north of the Long Island Expressway but south of Bay Terrace.

Attached Thumbnails
North Queens is the best!!!!!-11360-zip-code-map.png  

Last edited by UsAll; 12-10-2014 at 06:13 PM..

Old 01-21-2015, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,811 times
You idiots in Long Island have know idea about North Queens! You long Islanders can't afford it! We do not have concrete back yards. Maybe your thinking of astoria queens or woodhaven. North Queens is berg nice and we have plenty of grass and trees so instead of being ignorant know what you are talking about!

Old 01-21-2015, 09:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,811 times
You sound very ignorant! North Queens does not have concrete backyards. Know your facts and then talk. You and your whole family couldn't afford Noryh Queens Bayside, Bay Terrace, The Gables, whitestone, Beechurst, Malba. I don't know where you are from but if it's suffolk county its all white trash except for a few neighborhoods and they still don't compare to the areas I mentioned. People who move to Long Island move there because they can't afford North Queens!

Old 01-21-2015, 10:57 PM

796 posts, read 1,757,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Queens mom View Post
You idiots in Long Island have know idea about North Queens! You long Islanders can't afford it! We do not have concrete back yards. Maybe your thinking of astoria queens or woodhaven. North Queens is berg nice and we have plenty of grass and trees so instead of being ignorant know what you are talking about!
Are the people nice there?

Old 01-21-2015, 11:42 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,226,177 times
Quote:
You sound very ignorant! North Queens does not have concrete backyards. Know your facts and then talk. You and your whole family couldn't afford Noryh Queens Bayside, Bay Terrace, The Gables, whitestone, Beechurst, Malba. I don't know where you are from but if it's suffolk county its all white trash except for a few neighborhoods and they still don't compare to the areas I mentioned. People who move to Long Island move there because they can't afford North Queens!
You should tell the folks in Cold Spring Harbor, Lloyd Harbor, Huntington Bay, Asharoken, Centerport, Northport, Nisseqogue, Head-of-the-Harbor, Old Field, Poquott, Shelter Island, Southampton, East Hampton, Westhampton Beach, Watermill, Bridgehampton, Wainscott, Sag Harbor, Amagansett, Fishers Island, and last but not least, Gardiner's Island - the only island in the country still intact and handed down from the English crown, and currently owned by Robert gardiner, the 16th Lord of the Manor - that your little slice of heaven in...Queens, is so much better than their tractor sheds out in Suffolk.

Old 01-22-2015, 01:06 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,209,932 times
Quote:
Well seems people from North Queens are not very nice. You started acct. and made 2 posts just for this? Troll post or a 2 acct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island