Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 08:19 AM

14 posts, read 33,643 times

Advertisements

1 posts

Hello everyone who reads this post, I'm hoping to start a good thread about this facet of a solar install as utilities pretty much have the upper hand in this aspect. My solar system was commissioned and started up on 12/20/13 with the net meter install being delayed nearly 3 months later on 3/18/14. And the reason claimed for it by PSEG? A shortage of net meters? I highly and severely doubt it. Had there been such a sky high demand for them to do solar installs to have caused such a "supposed" shortage? I really have to say no and I'll tell you exactly why I think so. While my old dial meter was running backwards feeding back excess power, they had that luxury for nearly 3 months with obviously nothing being officially documented or logged, not to mention all the while billing me their power supply charges, efficiency & renewable charges, and their "other" charges for which on my 12/27 and 2/25/14 bills coming to a tidy $137.03 and 94.61 respectively for them. Now I ask anyone out there, WHY would it have been in PSEG's best interest to run right over here and install a net meter while still being able to bill these charges AND being able to receive all my excess solar production back into the grid?? Why?? Because they can, and no one wants to take the time and effort to call them on it. Also as an aside, I waited nearly 7 months for them to send me my rebate, along with loads of excuses for that delay. My experience so far with PSEG and my solar install has not been positive in any respect. Typical utility bureaucratic BS that smacks of the old LIPA days. I'm really looking forward to hearing from anyone out there about any of these very important issues. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 03:33 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarCrazed View Post
1 posts

Hello everyone who reads this post, I'm hoping to start a good thread about this facet of a solar install as utilities pretty much have the upper hand in this aspect. My solar system was commissioned and started up on 12/20/13 with the net meter install being delayed nearly 3 months later on 3/18/14. And the reason claimed for it by PSEG? A shortage of net meters? I highly and severely doubt it. Had there been such a sky high demand for them to do solar installs to have caused such a "supposed" shortage? I really have to say no and I'll tell you exactly why I think so. While my old dial meter was running backwards feeding back excess power, they had that luxury for nearly 3 months with obviously nothing being officially documented or logged, not to mention all the while billing me their power supply charges, efficiency & renewable charges, and their "other" charges for which on my 12/27 and 2/25/14 bills coming to a tidy $137.03 and 94.61 respectively for them. Now I ask anyone out there, WHY would it have been in PSEG's best interest to run right over here and install a net meter while still being able to bill these charges AND being able to receive all my excess solar production back into the grid?? Why?? Because they can, and no one wants to take the time and effort to call them on it. Also as an aside, I waited nearly 7 months for them to send me my rebate, along with loads of excuses for that delay. My experience so far with PSEG and my solar install has not been positive in any respect. Typical utility bureaucratic BS that smacks of the old LIPA days. I'm really looking forward to hearing from anyone out there about any of these very important issues. Thanks
Too hard to read! Edit out the underlines and put in a couple of paragraph breaks.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:20 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,530,917 times
I found this on Newsday. It was posted a few days ago. SCAM!:

Letter: LIPA energy surcharge makes no sense

April 10, 2015
Remember when you were charged a fee to not have your number listed in the phone book? The Long Island Power Authority just approved a similar absurdity for Long Islanders.

If we do not use as much energy as PSEG Long Island would like us to, the utility will now have the right to issue a surcharge for lost revenue ["LIPA OKs rate-hike tool," News, March 27].

Imagine a supermarket charging you extra because you did not buy a certain item. "Sorry ma'am, but you didn't purchase meat today. That'll be an extra $2!"

From whom do ratepayers get reimbursed if they have a bad year or do not get a hoped-for raise?

With Long Island already at the top of the U.S. tax rate chart, how long before these tactics cause a mass exodus?

Last edited by Spanky25; 04-13-2015 at 06:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island