Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2014, 09:38 AM

5 posts, read 6,817 times

Advertisements

has anyone dealt with bldg dept lately? overbearing and rude bullies! did anyone know that a bill was enacted so they could force a property owner to buy a permit for the installation of sewers! my sewers were installed 55 years ago. this bill was enacted 6 years ago. they come up with more and more ways to tax us. they spout off that they aren't going to raise taxes this year, but they come up with these fees for permits. who knows what they have in the works!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 10:39 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
You are obviously new to the forum. I told this tale about 1 1/2 ago. In 2007, we sold my parents home which was 21 houses from my home that I sold in 2013. My parents kept meticulous records so I knew we had every CO, COC, and permit known to man. It made selling a breeze. I knew every piece of paper by heart and they did not have a sewer completion certificate. Fast forward to my home sale, I had to pay $35 for the completion certificate to close on my home.

When I asked about it and said my parents home didn't have one, I was told I was mistaken that they had the certificate. I knew I was right especially since not only did I recall all the paperwork I had all the paper copies of all the permits, CO's and COC's. Only I didn't want to waste my time, I wanted to challenge them to take me to the files and show it to me. Just so you are clear, it isn't actually a "permit" as the county came in when I was a kid and for a connection fee they tied you into the sewers. The fee is for the supposed inspection the town of NH did on the county sewer job after it was done!!!! I feel a cough, cough coming on!!!
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: