Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2014, 12:53 PM

115 posts, read 234,281 times

Advertisements

Craigslist help is non existant. Can someone tell me how to keep my responses to sellers from going into their spam folder rather than their normal email? Craigslist is no help in this whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 01:43 PM

562 posts, read 1,063,321 times
It could be something with the subject line of the email triggering the spam filter:

Top 100 Spam Trigger Words and Phrases to Avoid | Lead Views - a B2B Lead Generation Blog

Old 05-11-2014, 08:03 PM

94 posts, read 132,109 times
Don't go to Craiglist because it's full of scums. They might trick you.
Just like Arnold Diaz from former Fox5 Shame Shame Shame on You news or Help Me Howard told people not to use CRAIGLIST FOR ANY REASON.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:47 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,946,226 times
It is highly dependent on the recipients' mail client how strict it is. You have very little control over it and obviously you can't tell people who you haven't contacted how to fix it. Personally I quickly check and clear my spam folder everyday too to keep it in check.

Craigslist is fine as long as you don't give out your home address and meet in person at a public location, preferably with security cameras like a Target.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:11 AM

537 posts, read 1,453,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousNYLover View Post
Don't go to Craiglist because it's full of scums. They might trick you.
Just like Arnold Diaz from former Fox5 Shame Shame Shame on You news or Help Me Howard told people not to use CRAIGLIST FOR ANY REASON.

I've done hundreds of transactions on craigslist with no issue.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:23 AM

2,609 posts, read 3,430,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
It is highly dependent on the recipients' mail client how strict it is. You have very little control over it and obviously you can't tell people who you haven't contacted how to fix it. Personally I quickly check and clear my spam folder everyday too to keep it in check.

Craigslist is fine as long as you don't give out your home address and meet in person at a public location, preferably with security cameras like a Target.
You are right about the mail settings but I think you are a bit paranoid about not allowing people to meet you at your home. What do you do if you selling something large like lawn equipment, furniture, Grills, automobiles, etc? I have sold and bought several things on craigslist and I haven't had any issues so far. I've gone to people's homes and allowed people to come to my house as well. The most important thing is to be cautious and don't just allow anyone into your house. You need to use a lot of common sense and establish good communications with the buyer/seller before you meet them. Essentially, don't be stupid and use common sense.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:40 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,946,226 times
^ well yes I did sell a dishwasher at home and 4 guys came inside (we were just moving in with hardly anything anyway), but you can see how it is not always a good idea. I only "knew" the guy I spoke with but what about his "cousins"?

The problem with people knowing your address is even if you sell something like a phone/gadget and it suddenly stops working 2 weeks after you've sold it to them, some people are crazy and won't leave you alone. It's bad enough giving out your cellphone number (give out a google voice # instead). Imagine having people show up randomly to your house when you have a family. Or they can use your address for anything including fraud if they have a vendetta. Just not a smart idea and if you can help it, help it. Even if it's never happened to you, it doesn't mean it never will.

Last edited by ovi8; 05-12-2014 at 10:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island