Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 06:56 AM

94 posts, read 131,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeoutchick View Post
Is there an express bus that runs from Jericho to Manhattan? If so, where in Jericho does it stop? Thank you.
Also on Sunday, last n20 bus from Hicksville to Flushing is at 18:27.
Also during weekday rush hour by bus:
Take n48/49 Hempstead (it usually about 1-hour sometimes strech more than 1-hour because busy ridership.
At Hempstead, transfer to n6X Jamaica which will be faster than local bus. Local bus takes about 90-110 minutes, but express are about 60-80 minutes.

NICE's express on n6X which runs between Nassau Community College and Jamaica via Hofra University/Hempstead and n22X buses between Hicksville and Jamaica are NICE's version of Limited buses.
NICE n6X only all NCC stops, Hofra University stop at Oak St/Hempstead Turnpike, Hempstead Transit Center, Westminister Rd (resume due lots of passengers complained), Franklin Sq, Grand Av-Meecham Av, Elmont Rd, 179th St, 169th St, Jamaica Bus Terminal.
n22X makes all stops between Hicksville and Roosevelt Field, then only stops at Mineola Station, Hillside/New Hyde Park, Langsdale St-Cherry Lane, 179th, 169th and Jamaica Bus Terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Learn something new every day! I agree monkeygorilla--it isn't well publicized. I have never seen LI buses go to Manhattan. Is it a NICE bus or a different company?

$249 a month is less than the LIRR (depending where you are) but the ride has got to be insanely long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Learn something new every day! I agree monkeygorilla--it isn't well publicized. I have never seen LI buses go to Manhattan. Is it a NICE bus or a different company?

$249 a month is less than the LIRR (depending where you are) but the ride has got to be insanely long.
Is used to be operating under MTA operation of Long Island Bus for 36-years, but due to republican Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano refused to paid $26M to MTA, French-based Veolia Transportation privitazive Long Island Bus in January 1st 2012 under new name NICE, aka Nassau-Inter County Express.
Bus is still owned by Nassau County, but farebox owned by MTA.

Lots of LIRR riders doesn't know NICE Bus isn't MTA. Few weekends ago, I saw someone with MTA Long Island Bus Schedule and I gave them updated NICE Bus Schedule.

During rush hour, all n20 buses between Hicksville and Flushing runs as n20L Limited, which might be faster since it doesn't go inside New York Institute Loop, goes over Northern Blvd Viaduct (does not serve Clock Tower/Mineola Av in Roslyn and skips Great Neck Station.
Veolia/NICE Bus aren't doing very good job every since bus privitized.

Quote:
Thanks for your replies. I had hoped that the commute wouldn't be too long, but I was mistaken :-(
It usually 80 minutes on n20L, but local takes about two hours.
Sometimes when bus don't show up, you might end up waiting for buses over than two hours because sometimes buses break down quite often lack of maintence.
Yesterday, I was waiting for 14:20 n22 Jamaica bus at Roosevelt Field Mall that suppose to come at 14:50, but IT NEVER SHOWED UP, so I was forced to take 14:05 n35 Baldwin Harbor to Merrick Rd for 15:39 n4 Jamaica since I didn't want to miss library meeting at Brooklyn Heights, with help of that and Q44 from Jamaica Center to Jamaica Station, I was able to ride LIRR CityTicket quick enough and able to made perfectly time with Atlantic Terminal train.

Under MTA Long Island Bus, MTA had contract with Nassau Colliseium that they could train new drivers in huge parking lot, but not Veolia. Veolia trains new bus operators in small NICE Bus Parking Lot in Mitchel Field Depot, Roosevelt Field Mall. They don't train new drivers well on actual route.
Sometimes new drivers make too many mistake.
All the former LIB drivers and most passengers really want MTA to come back.
NICE Bus has many problems.
- MetroCard Read Error on NICE Bus: Often damage's people's MetroCard and depends on bus operator, you'll be forced to paid if it not working. My 30-Day MetroCard in March was suppose to end on 28, but do to NICE Bus damaged my MetroCard, it became 29-Day Card.
- Lack of MetroCard Vending Machine Maintence (MCM owned by MTA) at Hempstead Transit Center.
- Many broken down buses.
- New inexperience drivers gets lost in REVENUE service.

Last edited by FamousNYLover; 05-12-2014 at 07:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 07:11 AM

94 posts, read 131,640 times
Quote:
Is there an express bus that runs from Jericho to Manhattan? If so, where in Jericho does it stop? Thank you.
There is an express bus from LI called Long Island Transit, but from Glen Cove and Roslyn Park & Ride which is operating by GoBus.
It runs peak direction and AM direction going to Manhattan and PM returning to Roslyn/Glen Cove, but different fare, cash/credit cards only.
http://www.gobuses.com/golit.html

Last edited by FamousNYLover; 05-12-2014 at 08:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island