Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 AM

909 posts, read 1,845,745 times

Advertisements

I don't think you should waste your time. She believes no drug dealers live in the paradise that is Valley Stream. Have you seen that 1970's apartment complex going up where the adult shop was? Freakin in wall AC units being installed. Haven't seen that done in ages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
A few things.... where does the OP say anything about children? or schools? This also sound like your opinions but here's some facts!

They're more hate crimes in VALLEY STREAM than EAST ROCKAWAY more overall crime in V.S than ER, and yes it's probably due to the fact V.S is more ethnically and racially diverse. V.S. also borders less desirable neighborhoods and also has that movie theater and Mall. Also in V.S. you have a lot of undesirables and 'gangs' coming in from Queens to 'party' 'shop' 'intermediate' 'steal and rob'.

Most of Long Island is basically the same with a few exceptions here and there. Do you think 2 or 3 miles makes that much of a difference? V.S. and Lynbrook are that much more enlightened and progressive than East Rockaway...wow I didn't see much change driving from V.S. to E.R.

Why would they reject Lesbians in E.R. more so than any other own on L.I.? Is this a fact? Do they beat up and burn down the homes of people that are in alternative lifestyles in East Rockaway? But don't in other towns across L.I.

I think you are painting a certain community with a very very broad brush...If you google any town on L.I you'll come up with something negative.....who cares a loose woman that likes to give oral jobs for a few bucks calls it home I could find murders that live or have lived in V.S.

To be honest OP.... flooding would be my number one concern not any of the other nonsense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,427,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsarcastic View Post
You know this how? Because you got beaten up in high school 20 years ago?
I never went there.

I never got 'beat up' in any school so don't try and hijack the thread onto personal comments about me.

I am talking about what's going in the the ER school district RIGHT NOW.

Sorry to expose the dirty little secret, but they should be ashamed of themselves for what's going on.

I have eyes and ears in the ER school district.

What is allowed to go on in that school district is a direct result of the community's values.

I certainly do not see any "recommends" for ER for any reason in this thread anyway.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
A few things.... where does the OP say anything about children? or schools? This also sound like your opinions but here's some facts!

They're more hate crimes in VALLEY STREAM than EAST ROCKAWAY more overall crime in V.S than ER, and yes it's probably due to the fact V.S is more ethnically and racially diverse. V.S. also borders less desirable neighborhoods and also has that movie theater and Mall. Also in V.S. you have a lot of undesirables and 'gangs' coming in from Queens to 'party' 'shop' 'intermediate' 'steal and rob'.

Most of Long Island is basically the same with a few exceptions here and there. Do you think 2 or 3 miles makes that much of a difference? V.S. and Lynbrook are that much more enlightened and progressive than East Rockaway...wow I didn't see much change driving from V.S. to E.R.

Why would they reject Lesbians in E.R. more so than any other own on L.I.? Is this a fact? Do they beat up and burn down the homes of people that are in alternative lifestyles in East Rockaway? But don't in other towns across L.I.

I think you are painting a certain community with a very very broad brush...If you google any town on L.I you'll come up with something negative.....who cares a loose woman that likes to give oral jobs for a few bucks calls it home I could find murders that live or have lived in V.S.

To be honest OP.... flooding would be my number one concern
not any of the other nonsense
So in the end, even you would not recommend it. (Note I also mentioned the flooding.)

Old 06-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
I don't think you should waste your time. She believes no drug dealers live in the paradise that is Valley Stream. Have you seen that 1970's apartment complex going up where the adult shop was? Freakin in wall AC units being installed. Haven't seen that done in ages.
Another one who unwisely invested in a home near the water that the East Rockaway sewage plant in Bay Park discharges raw sewage into 24/7/365 and is fighting a losing battle trying to protect the perceived value of his investment.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 06-03-2013 at 09:42 AM..

Old 06-03-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbinspections View Post
Get a sump pump......I would be very careful buying in that area. Try to determine the areas that were not flooded during Sandy.
That would be hard as most of ER was flooded, especially in the area they are looking in.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Another one who unwisely invested in a home near the water that the East Rockaway sewage plant discharges raw sewage into 24/7/365 speaks.
No need to be so rude to people to make yourself feel better. Are you saying bullying is only a problem in ER? Why such vile spewing towards a community that is mostly made up of hard working decent human beings? You must really have some complex that you come on here and talk down about any community that's not yours. VS is a freaking dump and you recommend it like it's some nice place.

East Rockaway is a middle class blue collar town. Many of the homeowners are born and raised in the area. There is not that much of a difference between VS and ER. Flooding is the only important issue.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
No need to be so rude to people to make yourself feel better. Are you saying bullying is only a problem in ER? Why such vile spewing towards a community that is mostly made up of hard working decent human beings? You must really have some complex that you come on here and talk down about any community that's not yours. VS is a freaking dump and you recommend it like it's some nice place.

East Rockaway is a middle class blue collar town. Many of the homeowners are born and raised in the area. There is not that much of a difference between VS and ER. Flooding is the only important issue.
You are the one who is always following me around knocking me and where I live. So sometimes you have to be knocked back down to reality in return. Actually I don't know where you live but my guess is Oceanside. Do I make fun of Oceanside? No. I do not talk down any community that is not mine and anyone who reads my posts will see that. But when I think someone might have a problem, such as "different" types like a lesbian couple in a low price, low class attitude area like Bay Park, I will speak up. They can take that as they wish.

I do not "recommend" VS because it is 16.4% black. That is the only reason white LI'ers have a problem with it, so I don't bother recommending it to the ignorant. Funny how in one breath you say VS is a freakin dump and in another you say VS and ER don't have much of a difference. Just goes to show people have no idea what they think but will keep typing anyway just to argue. I sincerely do not care if anyone on CD wants to move to VS or not. However, I occasionally defend it when need be. That is all.

I do not know the situation of bullying in every LI school district. I do know what is going on in ER and it is disgraceful how the parents and school do nothing and families are literally chased out of the district. It IS a result of dirtbag attitudes in the community, nothing more, nothing less.

I grew up in the 5 Towns and ER has been know as a white dirtbag place for decades. VS was very different in the past and is very different now and anyone who actually knows the areas instead of driving through them once in awhile would know that. I am sure the residents of ER hate VS much more than anyone in VS hates them because of the minorities in VS. Please don't sugarcoat ER with code words like decent blue collar to make it seem better. Sure some people are like that, but that is not the driving social dynamic in ER. I could even name some infamous last names of family "dynasties" of known dirtbags who have been born and raised there for decades. Born and raised dirtbags. Exactly the problem. If you actually know the place like you claim to and care to admit the truth, you could name some too. I am sure NCPD could also rattle off several infamous ER last names that they have had multi-generational trouble with.

It is also no accident that such an overwhelmingly WHITE school district has had such a poor performing high school literally for DECADES. That also goes to show the quality and class of the people living there. Sometimes majority white isn't all it's cracked up to be and East Rockaway is just one of those places in Nassau County. Sorry. It is what it is. I would not recommend it for a pair of lesbians. I would not recommend it for parents of "smart" or "artistic" or "gifted" children either. However, these are my opinions and people can take them or leave them and I encourage people to do as much research as possible.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:26 AM

67 posts, read 111,448 times
Quote:
so don't try and hijack the thread onto personal comments about me.

OK, well, speaking of high jacking show us all where the OP asked about schools.

Your post was just a little dramatic without having first hand experience.

I think the OP is another troll post - just up and moving to ER apropos of nothing? People usually give a little more info. Not just I'm moving and that's that tell me about it.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:06 AM

I believe you are being very harsh towards an area that in reality is very low key. School test scores probably reflect the demographic but, doesn't mean the school or area is low class. It is more than likely an area that produces more tradesman than doctors but, not necessarily a place to belittle as dirtbag or whatever other nonsense you are spewing.
I don't follow you around. Don't flatter yourself. If you are going to go nuts atleast provide some facts and evidence.

Quote:
You are the one who is always following me around knocking me and where I live. So sometimes you have to be knocked back down to reality in return. Actually I don't know where you live but my guess is Oceanside. Do I make fun of Oceanside? No. I do not talk down any community that is not mine and anyone who reads my posts will see that. But when I think someone might have a problem, such as "different" types like a lesbian couple in a low price, low class attitude area like Bay Park, I will speak up. They can take that as they wish.

I do not "recommend" VS because it is 16.4% black. That is the only reason white LI'ers have a problem with it, so I don't bother recommending it to the ignorant. Funny how in one breath you say VS is a freakin dump and in another you say VS and ER don't have much of a difference. Just goes to show people have no idea what they think but will keep typing anyway just to argue. I sincerely do not care if anyone on CD wants to move to VS or not. However, I occasionally defend it when need be. That is all.

I do not know the situation of bullying in every LI school district. I do know what is going on in ER and it is disgraceful how the parents and school do nothing and families are literally chased out of the district. It IS a result of dirtbag attitudes in the community, nothing more, nothing less.

I grew up in the 5 Towns and ER has been know as a white dirtbag place for decades. VS was very different in the past and is very different now and anyone who actually knows the areas instead of driving through them once in awhile would know that. I am sure the residents of ER hate VS much more than anyone in VS hates them because of the minorities in VS. Please don't sugarcoat ER with code words like decent blue collar to make it seem better. Sure some people are like that, but that is not the driving social dynamic in ER. I could even name some infamous last names of family "dynasties" of known dirtbags who have been born and raised there for decades. Born and raised dirtbags. Exactly the problem. If you actually know the place like you claim to and care to admit the truth, you could name some too. I am sure NCPD could also rattle off several infamous ER last names that they have had multi-generational trouble with.

It is also no accident that such an overwhelmingly WHITE school district has had such a poor performing high school literally for DECADES. That also goes to show the quality and class of the people living there. Sometimes majority white isn't all it's cracked up to be and East Rockaway is just one of those places in Nassau County. Sorry. It is what it is. I would not recommend it for a pair of lesbians. I would not recommend it for parents of "smart" or "artistic" or "gifted" children either. However, these are my opinions and people can take them or leave them and I encourage people to do as much research as possible.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:46 PM
rbe rbe started this thread

2 posts, read 3,966 times
Hi all, thank you so much for all your thoughts. Please know that I did not mean to cause any rumbles between some of you. Our primary interest is to rent a small single family house near a body of water, not to swim, but more for the peace and serenity that it brings by just being there nearby.

Last edited by rbe; 06-03-2013 at 04:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island