Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 04:14 AM

302 posts, read 590,670 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to put a fence around my in ground pool. Anyone have any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 07:32 AM

538 posts, read 1,007,864 times
Black iron, with child proof self locking gate.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,886 times
Iron fences are climbable. A smart child can easily climb them over. If you want something nice looking, look into removable mesh pool fences. It's cheaper and it also available with self closing and self locking gates. Guardian Pool Fence has the best quality. Theirs is approved by building codes all across the country. They give free estimates. Try that.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:17 PM

267 posts, read 598,722 times
I do not where you reside, but you owe it to yourself , to contact your respective locality and find out what the rules are. And follow them to a '' T ''. You will be protecting yourself god forbid anything happens. Kids can climb just about anything. Do it right all the way.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapusiv View Post
Iron fences are climbable. A smart child can easily climb them over. If you want something nice looking, look into removable mesh pool fences. It's cheaper and it also available with self closing and self locking gates. Guardian Pool Fence has the best quality. Theirs is approved by building codes all across the country. They give free estimates. Try that.
Just contacted guardian for a quote thanks! They are however all booked until June.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAndyHolbrook View Post
I do not where you reside, but you owe it to yourself , to contact your respective locality and find out what the rules are. And follow them to a '' T ''. You will be protecting yourself god forbid anything happens. Kids can climb just about anything. Do it right all the way.
I'll be contacting my town.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:59 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,159,566 times
Wow, nifty little fence these are. I wonder if LI codes would allow them tho?

https://www.google.com/search?q=removable+mesh+pool+fences&client=firefox-a&hs=SKh&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ENOCUY24B fjI4APl6YHgDQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1152&bih=725

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapusiv View Post

Old 04-21-2016, 09:52 AM

8 posts, read 6,559 times
Just wondering what you ended up doing for your fence.

We just bought a home with an in-ground pool and have been shopping for a mesh fence as well. I already got an estimate from Pool Guard, but do you have any other suggestions or words of wisdom?

If you went with pool Guard, are you happy with it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island