Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 AM

8 posts, read 20,467 times

Advertisements

We are looking to put in a vinyl lined pool this Spring and are in the process of getting quotes from various pool companies. Has anyone used Specht-Tacular Pools, LI Pool & Patio, or Jack Anthony? Also, any views on what is the best wall system for a vinyl lined pool? Some use steel but Specht-Tacular uses poured concrete and LI Pool & Patio uses Fuzion 5010 composite (a polymer/fiber blend I believe). Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 10:56 AM

241 posts, read 732,545 times
Arthur Edwards. We are getting it installed now. They do Concrete vinyl lined. So far, so good. Never pushy. Good Luck

Old 04-27-2014, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM67 View Post
We are looking to put in a vinyl lined pool this Spring and are in the process of getting quotes from various pool companies. Has anyone used Specht-Tacular Pools, LI Pool & Patio, or Jack Anthony? Also, any views on what is the best wall system for a vinyl lined pool? Some use steel but Specht-Tacular uses poured concrete and LI Pool & Patio uses Fuzion 5010 composite (a polymer/fiber blend I believe). Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
Try modern comfort pools.2215 route 112, coram. 698-4488

Old 04-27-2014, 07:54 PM

291 posts, read 336,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.centorelli View Post
Try modern comfort pools.2215 route 112, coram. 698-4488
1 star on yelp and 5 complaints with BBB. Yep, real winner there.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:18 AM

1,101 posts, read 2,735,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradmilano View Post
This is a good way to start checking out pool companies. A pool is a significant investment and pool companies on Long Island often have reputations one step below used car dealers. Also check with the local consumer affairs department and absolutely check as many personal references as you can. If you can find pool owners to contact on your own -- and not the company's referrals -- that is even better.

I wish I could recommend someone, but I can't. What I can tell you is that, several years ago, when I sued my pool company for poor workmanship and leaving some work unfinished, I had a lengthy discussion with a senior consumer affairs official on Long Island. What he told me was not pretty. He said many of the companies have no assets (rented space, rented trucks, etc.) so when they are sued and lose in court, they just change names, locations, telephone numbers and go right back into business.

Sure enough, I "won" the judgment against my pool company and was never able to collect. The owner ignored my certified letters demanding payment. The sheriff's department could not find any assets to seize. Soon thereafter, the company changed names and the owner put the new firm in his daughter's name. They still operate today in the same location and with the same number and heaven help anyone who uses them. The father moved to Florida and I was able to locate him and a classic car he was trying to sell. However, it would have cost me more than the judgment to go down there and seize it. It was tempting, though, to go through with it just on principle.

I hope this is a warning to anyone installing a pool or doing pool renovation work that they must check things out very thoroughly.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:17 AM

246 posts, read 470,741 times
Specht-Tacular Pools is one that was recommended to me a few months ago.

I am currently on the market as well for an aboveground with the goal of keeping it 10-12 years and then removing it and replacing with an outdoor hottub.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:01 AM

783 posts, read 1,423,287 times
I am also. Anyone know a rough estimate for a 10ft x 16ft above ground pool? Thanks.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:08 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradmilano View Post
Company has been in business for 30 years...so there will always be complaints. I know 4 people that used modern comfort, that had no issues, and 10 years later still dont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: