Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:22 AM

22,784 posts, read 37,220,535 times

Advertisements

Actually, I think any thread with "exrichmondbacktoLI" was pretty good - Crooks must have been hittin' the bottle hard that night if he thought he could put his "knowledge" of Richmond up against people who live there and get away with it...not to mention my better half went there, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 08:30 AM

1,970 posts, read 2,740,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLara View Post
And if we have a best thread... we'd need a posthumous award for best poster. RIP Walter.
I agree.

Rest in peace Walter.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:26 AM

513 posts, read 843,270 times
Where are my free leaf bags?

Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,741,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Actually, I think any thread with "exrichmondbacktoLI" was pretty good - Crooks must have been hittin' the bottle hard that night if he thought he could put his "knowledge" of Richmond up against people who live there and get away with it...not to mention my better half went there, LOL.
Agreed!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 AM

1,103 posts, read 2,006,970 times
Anything to do with people crying about airplane noise over nassau county.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:31 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,815,785 times
In some way, I'm feeling the same as you Pequa, but I realize that life as it was cannot often stay, beyond what it is, just life here on the internet.
I'm hearing names like crooks, walter and gypsyman, old memories and comments are what incited me to continue to post here, I treasure them.
There were many nights when c-d was the most important connection that I had. Life moves on, we sometimes move in other directions, never abandoning
the old but embracing the new at cost of the old.

I joined c-d back in `09, I found a link through I-luv-LI-but's helpfull post on declaring wages while on unemployment. I was welcomed and vetted by the best of people,
spent a fair share of time busting balls with GPSMA and Walter, got my tail whacked more than a few times from Nancy (the reader), but always found a great respite in city-data.

As life cruises along, priorities get re-established, it is within our nature to move on, to find other comfortable places to inhabit. It isn't city-data that has changed, it is us, the ones
who come here to vent or to observe, to elevate or denegrate our internet image, we are impetuous people, stepping to a different drum, a cadence for us and not necessarilly attuned
to others. Besides wishing you and our other associate members a happy New Year, let me remind you that we exist in an internet world, don't ever take anything personal, being personal
is not what the internet was ever about. Like Bobby McFerrin used to sing- "Don't worry, be happy"...

Old 01-01-2013, 06:06 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,205,947 times
Toss up between falling off the chair, and the COL thread.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...me-across.html

Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,268,283 times
Anything regarding condo"s and there impact on our quality of life hear

Ready Cut

Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,478,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
This is the sequel to last years: https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...a-threads.html

This board has really taken a nose-dive since then. No Gpsma, no Crooks, and a lot of other good posters are MIA.

So what are your favs this year?

-Inflatable snowman slashing?
-How to properly wash your feet in the shower?
-250 foot trees falling?
-Neighbor dispute over who is required to clean up the fallen tree
-RE agent gone mad thread?
-Fell off a chair??
-'READY-CUT LLC' cornering of the LI French Fry market
-LIPA Fails?
-Where are the animal lovers?
-Ronkonkoma is not the boonies rants
-Gun Control threads (all seem to have vanished)
I had a good time with Monty Brewster in the "Fell off a chair" thread. The OP never responded and I have my suspicions it was a troll, but oh well! That was my favorite in the above list.

Here's a few more I liked:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-bethpage.html (Melee over hilarious misinformation about radon)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...ng-island.html (Fireworks erupted in the skies of Baldwin)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...ng-island.html (Who could forget the massive speed limits on LI debate starring our favorite deceased poster gpsma, the man who will not drive faster than 55 mph?)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...e-sharing.html (Almost forgot every real estate salesperson's nightmare ... I like how the OP came back and reported his results)

Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM

218 posts, read 455,214 times
Liked Falling Off the Chair, but there were a few interesting posts during the summer about haunted houses and dangerous places on Long Island that I remember!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island