Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 PM

4 posts, read 8,693 times

Advertisements

I'm considering about buying a house that's listed as a short sale. The realtor mentioned it's PBA. What does PBA Stands for and what does that mean?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 06:06 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,529,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafa317 View Post
I'm considering about buying a house that's listed as a short sale. The realtor mentioned it's PBA. What does PBA Stands for and what does that mean?
Pending Bank Approval. Which can take up to 2 years! Its a headache!

Old 12-31-2012, 07:19 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,758,017 times
If it is a house that you are interested in, and you're willing to got through the short sale headache, your offer should be presented. PBA means that the buyer and the seller have entered into a contract which has yet to be approved by the mortgage holder. Until the mortgage holder approves the contract additional offers can be presented.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 AM

745 posts, read 1,504,602 times
Anyone I know who has dealt with a short sale had a nightmare of an experience. I wouldn't deal with it personally.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:48 AM

2,604 posts, read 3,400,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Anyone I know who has dealt with a short sale had a nightmare of an experience. I wouldn't deal with it personally.
Couldn't agree more. Anyone that I know that has dealt with a short sale has regretted it. I would steer clear of it. The banks will easily $crew you if they get a better offer and will take forever to close. Another thing you need to worry about is if people are living in the house while its in the short sale stage.

Recently my buddy made an offer on a house that was a short sale but had people living in it. He made an offer with the bank which they accepted. But after a few months of nothing happening on the house he went to check on the house and noticed that the old tenants completely destroyed the house. Like a bunch of wild animals they tore apart the kitchen, the walls, broke windows, broke appliances, stole copper piping, etc. The house was unlivable and needed to be completely gutted. He luckily got his deposit back but learned a big lesson. Don't mess with short sales. You are taking a BIG risk. Good luck.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:13 PM

8 posts, read 12,428 times
A short sale can potentially be a headache but potentially can get you a good deal with lots of equity right off from the beginning. Having a good buyer's agent who can ask the right questions from the get-go is extremely important
Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island