Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 PM

62 posts, read 113,691 times

Advertisements

hey every1

this is a review of "the rosevelt field mall" where i went 2day. thought it would b helpful to warn every1 of wut is going on there these days.

i was feeling pretty sad and worthless about how r total lifestyle of being upper middle class has been challenged after reading so many posts on here 2day. feel like mayb it is time to tear down all the "old world" inner-city suburbs like nassau cty and start from scratch. the best days r clearly behind us. possibly they could build a new walt disneyworld where cruddy old illegal apartments 4 drug addicts r located now. i don't rly kno...

my life coach tells me it is good 2 indulge myself sometimes (but not all the time ) so i felt like if i went n did some old fashioned hsopping at the place where so many great memorys of my youth were spent it wuld cheer me up a little.

decided 2 buy 1 of these svwawarski crystal figurines. i dont know y they make me so happy. i have a whole display case 4 them in r dining room. my hubby hates it so much but i made a deal w/him where i can use the american xpress card 2 buy as many of them as i want as long as i stop buying pilates DVD tapes and other things we dont need off ebay... and plus every time i buy 1 we r getting more airline miles 4 r trip 2 bermuda

this is the 1 i bought

now hopefully every time i look at it i will think 2 myself "hay, cheer up!"

thats the kindof expression it says to me. dont u think so 2? and plus it reminds me of disneyworld and happy memories

but ne way - the rosevelt field mall is a total nitemare these days. from now on i will avoid it at all costs.

first it took me way 2 long 2 get there. i get rly nervous when there is 2 much traffic, so i called my sister 2 try and have her talk me out of a panic attack... but while i was on the phone i got confused with my gps and it put me on the wrong exit somehow. ended up driving thru a neighbrhood where the houses were way 2 close 2gether. looked kindof like this:

i wasnt rly scared, but it didn't exactly portray an upper middle class desirability either. saw some kids riding bikes, looked like they may b entry level drug users or possibly from 2 working parent families.

finally got back 2 the mall

unfortunately the parking lot was not empty like in that google image

it was full of cars. took me 2 long 2 park. just wanted 2 get this trip over with b4 it even started. sum of the cars in the parking lot made me uncomfortable. i could tell their owners didn't have comprehensive collision insurance policies, so it made me a little nervous about crashing into them by accident... or possibly that they may be drug/gang/illegal aliens that belong 2 them.

took that pic on my cameraphone. noticed it had a "maryland" license plate, goin 2 report 2 police... prob an illegal immigrant.

noticed this store i had never seen at the mall b4... very creeped out

these ppl were shopping there. not sure wut they even sell. probably drug paraphanala

i enjoyed watching the show "the charmed 1s" but rly this is 2 much. made me feel vry uncomfortable.

there were lots of urban type people there. not sure wut they were up to, but they were mostly louder than every1 else and walked 2 slow

got so tired of walking slow. had 2 get myself a starbucks caramel venti frappachino

mmmm

started 2 feel better. went in 2 the disney store. reminded me of when i was a child and then it made me sad 2 kno that 1 day my children will be grown and i will be old and useless 2 society, or even worse

thought about goin in 2 this store, it wuz 1 of my favorites when i was younger and prettier and in a sorority

decided not 2 live in the past ne more (4 the time being)

at least they played 1 of my favorite stevie nicks songs in the elevator

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac- Gypsy [Stevie Nicks] [Official Music Video]

never goin back 2 the roosevelt field mall
never going back 2 the food court where it is shaped like a blimp
never getting lost on the parkway, in less desiarable neighborhoods
century21 baskin robins cell phone "bling" kiosk churro stand
never again
no i would not like 2 sign up 4 a verizon wireless 20% off plan gift card
never again

finally got home, ahd 2 get ready 2 go out 2 dinner at chilis

started 2 feel better, at least knowing i don't live in the dying suburbs nearer to the city.

cheer up, mayb things arent so bad!

even if ur new suffolk cty suburb feels empty and worthless, at least it is more trendy and isolated from urban transotional zones

being strong and independant. not having 2 believe in diversity

eating out at sit-down restaurants (chilis, tgif, ruby tuesdays)

wut does every1 think of the rosevelt field mall?
do u think we should tear down the old suburbs 2 save the newer suburbs?
is nassau cty "just like queens/harlem" now? (my hubby calls it "queens east" lol is he rite?)
do u buy things 2 make u happy?
wut does it rly mean 2 b alive ne more? is "america" a failure?
is it possible 2 move 2 north carolina 2 replicate ur youth?

Old 04-26-2011, 11:49 PM

732 posts, read 1,735,105 times
In before hamlet correction.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:07 AM

36 posts, read 225,713 times
someone reads a lot of hipsterrunoff/thinks it is still "relevant"

Old 04-27-2011, 04:12 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
The original post was torturous to read. Did anyone else feel like it was just one big run on sentence?

So let me get this straight, people @ Roosevelt Field who are from other states are illegal immigrants?

So b/c you got lost on the parkway and almost had a panic attack, that's Roosevelt Field's fault?

Lastly, no one gives a hoot about your Mickey Mouse Swarovski Crystal.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:39 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Holy crap, what the heck did I just read?

Im gonna take your figurine and launch it off the RF parking garage and onto the Meadowbrook pkwy!!!!

Had to watch Nassau State of mind to balance out this enigmatic post.

YouTube - Nassau (County) State of Mind

Old 04-27-2011, 04:49 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
The intent of the OP was good but the execution was pathetic.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:26 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
My "offensive" post of a picture replying to WG was deleted, but this garbage is still here?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:28 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
lol I liked it

Old 04-27-2011, 05:35 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
The intent of the OP was good but the execution was pathetic.
Very incoherent, I want to shake the poster violently and maybe give them some xanax to snort. You think LI Poster = Crooks wife found the internet??

(my hubby calls it "queens east" lol is he rite?)

Old 04-27-2011, 06:22 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Very incoherent, I want to shake the poster violently and maybe give them some xanax to snort. You think LI Poster = Crooks wife found the internet??

(my hubby calls it "queens east" lol is he rite?)

The entertainment alone on this board is priceless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island