Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:49 AM

87 posts, read 270,734 times

Advertisements

Does this peeve anyone else?

I’d fire my landscaper in a heartbeat if he just blew my leaves on my neighbor’s property. Instead they use these oversized mowers that suck up the leave in my yard. However last night, (while helping wife unloading groceries) I noticed my neighbor’s landscaper blowing their leaves into the street in front of my property.

I shouted to the guy, “I hope you don’t plan on leaving it like that!”
He’s response, “that’s how it was”

The bickering went on for a few... But he ended up high-tailing it out of there..

Still pissed off, cause I know next week will be the same..

End of rant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 11:09 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,351,410 times
Yes, this is an important suburban issue. Leaves, a naturally existing substance, fall to the ground every Autumn, sparking fueds among people who profess to care about each other.
My absolute favorite leaf associated argument is the "Leaves came from my neighbor's tree" defense. That one is awesome.

I hope this gets all cleared up for you. If you want to make yourself feel better, just think about all the US soldiers sitting in sand huts in the desert while everyone forgets about them.
The leaf thing will take care of itself when we start getting snow. Then you can point out how your neighbor blows his snow in to the street.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:35 AM

87 posts, read 270,734 times
Considering this forum is designated to discuss living in Long Island, some of the topics you've described maybe better suited in:

Politics and Other Controversies

Military Life and Issues

I'm good with snow, unless my neighbor hires his landscaper to blow his snow in my driveway.

If I’m paying hard earned cash for a service, where the leaves on my property are removed and disposed of. I don't feel it's right that a lazy contractor can't bag the leaves he's being paid to remove.

You may not feel the same way I do, or you may not care about how you property looks. Maybe you think its okay to blow your leaves in front of your neighbor’s home? Sadly, I don't share your lax view on the subject.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:53 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,287,357 times
Nothing like skidding on wet leaves and hitting a tree to ruin your day.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:21 PM

6,385 posts, read 13,181,518 times
Yes, this annoys me too. But I dont know whats worse...the lazy neighbors leafs or the landscaping trucks driving around spewling leafs up and down the road.

Why not bring it to your neighbors attention? Im sure he would agree.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:01 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,332,962 times
I am reminded why I hate this time of year. The landscapers are out in force, the buses are beyond jammed, all because some lazy SOBs cant rake their own leaves.
The solution is simple, outlaw leaf blowers. These guys stack em up and have a crew of 5 or more with backpack blowers making noise and pollution, and blowing the leaves into the street (often in front of moving vehicles) and onto other property.
Most of these landscapers are reckless. I'd love to see the cops start handing out tickets for this kind of stuff.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:10 PM

Leaf-blowers kick up mold, too. Great for seasonal allergies.

You're right, John. Ninety percent of the time, it's laziness.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:30 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,251,271 times
I got rid of my landscaper this year and do everything myself, I have really enjoyed doing it too. he still does the houses on either side of me. I was watching them for a minute today and the guy blew a decent amount of leaves on my lawn. For a second I thought "what bs!" than realized I was WAY over reacting. 30 minutes later many of those leaves blew back on the neighbors lawn and the world was ok again.

On a side note, I may be weird but I don't mind hearing the leaf blowers a little - usually they are in and out and on to the next one. kind of like the sound of a chainsaw or a speed boat cruising.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:52 PM

815 posts, read 2,055,008 times
As soon as the landscapers leave (pun intended), blow them back onto the lawn he just cleared. It will make you feel a whole lot better.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:02 PM

Then there are the utterly charming people who use leaf-blowers and other loud landscaping equipment at 7:30 on a Sunday morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island